Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Storing your car

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    One last cruise & parking it Monday , looks to be a nice day for a 400km cruise
    enjoy! I was going to put her to bed today- ahh maybe tomorrow lol

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Avi0nics: The following are my steps for storing, please let me know if I'm missing any.. (1) Oil change (2) Cleaning the car inside-out (3) Top-up the Gas tank (4) adding Luc
    as fuel stabilizer (5) dropping the windows 1/2 inch (6) remove battery (7) Car Cover
    [17-11, 04:06]Avi0nics: Good morning, I'm getting ready to put my 2016 GT away for the winter soon, i live in a an apartment with underground parking. Question : is it okay to disconnect the battery for months without causing any issues for these new computerized cars ?

Oil change = good idea if it's due (if oil is in good shape, ok to leave till spring)

Clean inside of the car = especially make sure you get any food old wrappers etc from under seats, inside console etc

Top off gas tank = not 100% necessary

Stabalizer = must make sure it's been run / driven far enough to be in the entire fuel system (meaning, don't just dump in the tank n store)

Remove battery = best way to store out of the vehicle hooked to a battery tender (although most get by just fine with cable(s) disconnected)

Leave windows cracked = to me just adds to dust n dirt it'll accumulate (especially in an underground) + easier access for critters / thieves

Electronics ok with batt disconnected = yes it'll be just fine. When reconnected in the spring, some may run funny or even stall until fully warmed up and or driven. Only other downside would be if you need etest first thing in the spring (which yours clearly does not) as it would need to be driven far / long enough for monitors to go ready.

Storing in underground = if it's clean and dry, park as is. If it's one where floors are always dark n show moisture, park your car on a plastic tarp (if mgt will allow). Acts as a barrier between moist concrete and your cars underside. Cheapest of cheap tarp will serve you fine.

Car cover = breathable versions only, never cover / wrap in plastic, yes even if stored inside.\

Tires = pump them up to max pressure shown on the sidewall will help prevent flat spotting while sitting.

Any recommendations on a good car cover for the mach 1?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If it's inside, old bed sheet is a great option.

Storing your car

Stored mine last weekend.

Cruised, changed oil, topped off gas, added fuel stabil, parked on a tarp, pulled the batt and hooked it up to my boats onboard batt charger/tender, split up a bar of soap throughout the car (smells wicked come spring) and put a blanky on her. Goodnight.

And I hope my tires are flat spotted come spring.. this why I have no choice but to upgrade brakes, wheels and tires. Sorry babe ;D
    '88 LX

Boomer605
    In addition to all the above points I also buy four boxes of baking soda, Canadian Tire often has the Arm and Hammer brand on for $1 each. I open the perforated sides and put one box in each footwell. Helps keep moisture and any odors down. Lastly I set six mouse traps and set them up at each end and midpoint of the garage by the walls. I dread the thought of mice getting into the wiring. Never caught a mouse yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If it's inside, old bed sheet is a great option.
    Yup, my coupe will be getting this treatment... Didn't purchase a car cover for it yet. Funds at this time will be directed towards the parts list.

Cheap n easy option that works mint.

Thanks for the info everyone. I still need to take it for a mini cruise

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Time of the yr is here again.