Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: '13 V6 Pony Package Automatic - Electrical Issue

JasonG150

'13 V6 Pony Package Automatic - Electrical Issue

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has come across anything similar before or knows what might be going on with my car.

Often (3-4 times a week) when I'm driving, I will lose all SYNC functions (radio, bluetooth, USB ports), AC functions, rear turn signals, and I get alarms that pop up such as that my parking break is on, doors are open, service advance trac, and a few others. As I drive, many of the things I mentioned will come in and out of function and sometimes it will completely go back to normal and not do it again. I had this happen once after washing my car (power wash). I went for a cruise and it happened as I accelerated, but gradually got better and stopped as I continued to drive.

I haven't been able to pin point a pattern to when this happens, it's fairly random. It has happened often when it rains or after I was my car, and when I'm really pushing the car speed or acceleration wise. But then other times it's happened when it's completely dry (this morning for example), and when I'm just casually driving to work.

My mechanic couldn't find anything physically wrong with the car and said it may have something to do with the SYNC software. I am unfortunately out of any warranty, although I did just purchase the car in May.

Any ideas? I may just have to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and see what they can do.

Jason

Did you ever check the condition of your alternator? Or even the battery? Sometimes low voltages may do this. Not entirely sure but if all of this is going wrong at once then it could be this. Just my 0.02 worth

JasonG150
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Did you ever check the condition of your alternator? Or even the battery? Sometimes low voltages may do this. Not entirely sure but if all of this is going wrong at once then it could be this. Just my 0.02 worth
    Thanks! It could be, I'm having my guy toss on my snow tires on my rims soon so I'll have them checked out again, I've actually had someone else mention it could be the alternator or battery. Vibrations may be causing something that is affecting a loose connection. Just so confused by it all!

Better get it checked before you end up buying a new alternator.