Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Porting worth it?

Porting worth it?

Fox wit stock 93 bottom end, SVO aluminum heads, E Cam, Cobra Intake, Long tubes, Vortech V1 S trim with power pipe making 8lbs of boost. Also has ARP head studs and cometic gaskets. Car makes in and around 400rwhp.
    I know porting the cobra intake will help in NA applications but any point with forced induction? I have to remove the intake to fix a possible oil leak so wondering if I should have it ported while it is off?

Also, am I starting to hit the limits of my 36lb injectors? Will porting the intake reduce boost so I could run a smaller pulley, be back up to 8lbs or so and make more jam?

HyperGT
    port match lower to heads, upper not really. May reduce boost, as less restriction but you will still need the same amount of fuel as volumes increase. If you are on the limit now, porting will not reduce the need for more fuel. put 42lbers in there, port the lower and up the boost. Still in more than safe limits for stock block with good tune, but with the 93 pistons i would caution getting too greedy.

I'd second your at the top end of the safe zone on Hyper pistons (although some do get away with more).