Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mechanic in need

Denny

Mechanic in need

Eh guys.... new to the club. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good reliable and reasonably priced mechanic. Looks like my GT will need to undergo minor surgery. Thanks!

I see your out in the West end. What yr is your ride and what needs doing?

The best mechanic you could want just replied to your post. Send ZR a pm then make the trip east to Scarborough.

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    The best mechanic you could want just replied to your post. Send ZR a pm then make the trip east to Scarborough.
    I'll second that....

Rick is the best. Give him a shout.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Speak to ZR my mustang only goes to him.

Club Supporter
    There's a good guy in Scarborough....trying to remember his name on the forum......

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Eh guys.... new to the club. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good reliable and reasonably priced mechanic. Looks like my GT will need to undergo minor surgery. Thanks!
    Give Jeff a call at Mustang Specialteaz, located close to Brampton

Denny
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I see your out in the West end. What yr is your ride and what needs doing?
    Thanks for the responses! I had an 89GT oh about 22 years ago that I used to take to St Thomas and Cayuga many times but always had a crew of friends who knew their stangs and never really had to take it to the shop. Call it mid life crisis, but had to get back into one. I picked up a '14 GT with the track package about three months ago. No mods other than a Pypes exhaust. Anyhow... it felt like it started losing power after about 3500RPM. I knew I was a little late for an oil change. System shows at 7%. Then I noticed a pool of oil on the driveway. I've got oil stains on my drivers side rim and the inside lip of the rim is covered in it. I took a quick look underneath late last night. There's no oil coming from the valve covers, or oil cap. The oil white oil filter is yellow/brown on the bottom half but looks stained more than soiled, however areas around the oil filter and the entire bottom end appears to be saturated in oil. I could be confusing motor oil for rust proofing as again, I was under the car in the dark with a light, but who knows? Maybe cracked oil pan or worse?
    I am NOT a mechanic by any means, and my crew drove off into the sunset many years ago, so hoping for some help.
    Scarborough is quite a distance for me, but finding "my Mustang guy" would be worth it the drive... if it makes it there... lol.
    2016-11-18 00.10.28.jpg

Club Supporter
    I drive from Bolton to Scarborough FWIW.