Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mechanic in need

Roushcharged
    I'm also in Brampton and make the trip out to Rick in Scarborough for my Mustang and now my DD since warranty is up..... Its hard to justify the drive until you've actually met him, then it becomes a no brainer.

Is the oil level within range ?
    Any warranty left on the car ?

Denny
    I bought it with a salvage title but was inspected (so I was told) and got papers. So no... no warranty... it was worth the $ I paid for the car. It's 36k. Oil level was very low so I threw in a quart of Mobile 1 knowing I'd be getting a change anyhow. I wiped the oil on the driveway with my finger and smelled it... smells more like gas then oil.... I guess a mix of both.

Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    I'll second that....
    Third, Rick (ZR) for the win.

Denny
    20161118_101828_resized.jpg20161118_101947_resized.jpg Not sure if these pics will come through... giving it a shot. Sorry I'm a nube!

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    ...so hoping for some help. Scarborough is quite a distance for me, but finding "my Mustang guy" would be worth it the drive... if it makes it there... lol.
    That's not an insignificant amount of oil. I would not be driving that car anywhere.
    -Don____________

yllrgt
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I drive from Bolton to Scarborough FWIW.
    Lol , i drove from the Sault to have Rick install my subframe connectors , well worth the trip .

That's a lot of oil. Don't drive it until it's sorted out.

Did it just start leaking out of the blue?

When was the last oil change? I've seen changes where the old gasket isn't removed so you have a double gasket that will leak around the filter.

Denny
    I'd say yes.... but... we had an older car we recently got rid of that was leaking oil on the driveway and I now park mine in the same spot so didn't notice. It wasn't until I was thinking of washing it that I noticed the oil on the rim then looking deeper, realized the rest. I enjoy driving my car... Got a cottage in Leamington and made the 4 hour trip multiple times over the last couple of months. We've got light grey crushed stone for a driveway and there's no oil anywhere so I'd say within the past 3 weeks. I don't drive it too hard. Fingers crossed it's the oil filter. I might just get an oil change around my area and see if that fixes the problem. I'll be sure they replace the gasket! Thanks for the reply.

I'd also suggest, oil change close as possible to home and see if the problem goes away. How long since last oil change? Filter looks antique.