Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter driving your GT

I drive all my Mustangs during the winter.. Just a good set of winter boots and a light foot on ye ol throttle and you'll be golden..

Drove my 13GT 3 winters now going on forth. Only drive on weekends.

Beware the Masher!!!
    Thanks all. I drove my 89 fox through a couple winters here back in 03/04 but she was a little seedy when I bought her. Then we got pregnant again so the fox had to go. I will not drive my current fox in the winter but have been considering selling it and my fusion to upgrade to a new 17. May not actually do it until closer to spring. So many other things going on right now, planned through winter and spring also so it's on a back burner for now. Renos come first

Pretty cool having a summer / winter rides like you've already got though.

HyperGT
    agree with rick. driving my 06 gt in the winter i did not think the car was so special anymore. plus a v8 rwd in the winter will not be great no matter what.

Coworker drives srt8 charger to work every day through winter without the slightest issue from west brampton to toronto. it is such a blast to have fun with in empty parking lots on snowy days. With winter tires and at least half a brain there is no issue with driving v8 rwd in the snow. Driving like an idiot in snow will give you problems regardless of drivetrain. most cars i see being pulled out of the ditch on are 4wd and awd vehicles who think that traction under straight line acceleration has some sort of relation to traction under braking or when turning at high speed.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    agree with rick. driving my 06 gt in the winter i did not think the car was so special anymore. plus a v8 rwd in the winter will not be great no matter what.
    4 snows on my 2012 vert and you know what, it was pretty good actually. That had real stability control tho and not just bs traction control.

I drive my 2013 gt vert Year round. Snow tires and no issues. I've driven lots of fox bodies over the years as well. Snow tires, drive normal and keep the car really clean its fine.