Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Can 18s fit on a 2013 GT with brembos?

mkelebay

Question Can 18s fit on a 2013 GT with brembos?

So winter has arrived, its cold as hell and unfortunately I have to drive my 2013 mustang GT(with brembos) during it. Trying to buy tires right now, and trying to save the most money which I can. Getting either blizzak ws80 or michelin x ice 3s, but the issue is the wheels. Right now I have my summer tires and wheels mounted together, i'd like to keep it that way to avoid having to change tires on the wheels twice a year. The car has brembos on it right now, but originally had stock brakes. I also have the stock 18 inch wheels which came with 235 width tires. As far as I understand steel wheels won't fit over the brembos no matter what, so sadly thats out of the question.

So my options are,

1. Say screw it and throw some 19 inch tires on my current wheels, which would get salty and costs money installing and uninstalling every season, but tough it out.
    2. Try and find some brembo wheels, which i haven't had any luck so far, cheapest i've found was 800 bucks, which seems like a lot to me, but maybe not a bad option?
    3. I emailed one guy on kijiji and he told me the brembos CAN fit 18s, but the issue is the offset, he wasn't quite sure, but he thought that the issue with brembos fitting on 18s was the offset. Could I install spacers on my mustang and fit the stock 18s over brembos? Will that work? I'm doing mostly highway driving, not sure if that has an effect on it at all or not.

Lastly I've been looking at snow tires, and am settled between the blizzak ws80s and the michelin x ice 3s, what are your opinions and experiences with the tires, differences and advantages of each?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Yes Brembos will fit with 18" rims. But like you sere told the offset is critical.

Of course there's these for a reasonable 475 obo. Take a nice drive at the same time.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ot...ationFlag=true

07-10 GT-500 had the same Brembos with factory 18". Not only offset is critical, you'll also need a wheel that has a fairly flat face, it can't be something with the spokes curving inward where they meet the outer edge to create a deeper lip.

If you're interested, I can price out some aftermarket alloy wheels that will clear, with or without rubber and sensors. I'm the parts guy at our club sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    07-10 GT-500 had the same Brembos with factory 18".
    2010 GT500 = 19"

2007-2009 = 18"

These http://www.buyfordracingfromdpm.com/...ang-svt-wheel/ should be cheaper on Black Friday.

2010 GT-500 coupe = 19", convertible = 18" if you want to be picky JT ... and the factory width Shelby wheels are big for putting winter boots on. Better to go with aftermarket 8 or 8.5" wide, then a 235 or 245 section tire can be used without stretching on to a 9.5".

Certain 18"s will work. I had 18" MSR wheels with winter tires on my 2014 GT
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!