Hi guys
Well happy Friday everyone!

Now I'm not looking for pity from anyone. I'm simply venting and telling my story of the last 1.5yrs of my life with my car.

Today while on a short trip taking my daughter for a freezer run to the local butcher the motor decided it had enough. It got extremely loud. Sounded like a piston was going to go through the block.

Some back story without getting into a ton of detail.
Motor was rebuilt about 2.5yrs ago.
The story is last year something happened to me while driving at work. Got T boned by a texter. Been off work since. I couldn't drive the car for the longest time because I simply couldn't drive with the pain. Once I was well enough to get back behind the wheel I could only drive short distances. While coming home from a grocery run with the wife an suv pulled up beside us as if to say lets go. I did and something popped in the motor and I heard a nasty rattling. The oil pressure was a bit low as well. Got home and checked the oil level. Something I do quit often but again because of the accident I simply couldn't. Oil level was low so I topped it up. Too late damage done!
Had it checked by a few mechanics but without opening the motor it appeared to be a timing tensioner. I had a rattle on start up and it would come and go but only at certain rpms. If the motor was under load it would disappear completely. So I replaced the timing assembly. The drivers tensioner was not moving freely and the guides were worn. Remember the motor was rebuilt just 2.5yrs before! The mechanic that changed the timing assembly said the tensioners were not new. I guess this mean the builder used old parts to pocket more money. So at this point I'm thinking this was not my fault and what else did he not replace that I paid for?!
I knew I was looking at another rebuild or replacement, but was hoping to get through the summer since money is tight (still not back to work), guess that's not going to happen!

Its said bad things happen in threes. What's next. Lol
1:car accident, can't work.
2:motor blows up
3:??

If anyone has a line on a decent motor (4.6 2v Windsor) cheap to get me through the next two years let me know. I can't afford to rebuild this motor right now and a swap is much cheaper.
I'm hoping to rebuild this motor up at some point in the next few years and hopefully have a solid foundation for a supercharger. This is a few years away. At least till I'm back to work and recover from my wage loss which is very high.

Thanks for letting me vent guys
Dan