Hey guys was doing a little reading on octane boosters and how effective they may be in situations where 94 octane may not be available. I got myself in a situation this weekend where the Petro I pulled in to didn't have Ultra 94, I was at 1/4 tank and was able to find another Petro that did have it but it was a situation I'd like to avoid as I don't like running the tank dry and I hit a lot of traffic. Now that being said I know I can put in 91 octane and drive without incident as long as I stay out of boost. But out on a cruise it may not be ideal to stay out of boost.... So I visited my local Canadian Tire and grabbed a bottle of Lucas Octane Booster and read this on the bottle.

TESTED 3 times more boost then other brands.

Octane boosters may advertise boosting your octane levels using a “points system”. 10 points is 1 octane level.

So I can do the math, but no where on the bottle did it say how many points its boosting. Visited the Lucas website and came up empty again. Checked the Canadian Tire website and it says "Provides three times more boost for your fuel" So is that 3 points or 3 octane levels? I would assume 3 Octane levels or 30 points. But Lucas says 3 times MORE then other brands.

The bottle of Lucas says it's good for 25 gallons of fuel or approx 94L..... But the instructions clearly say empty entire bottle in to tank then fill. My 2011 has a 16 gallon tank or approx 60L. Now assuming that its fine to drop the entire bottle in what fuel do I go with? Should I take the highest octane available? Or do the math to achieve 94?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!