Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track day in the rear view.

To me, hold ups were minimal at most (I'd personally call it virtually zero), yes in previous track days it's been a constant pain in everyone who's faster ass. Taking flagging by the horn n waving the blue and following up with education via black flag + coming in for an explanation worked absolute wonders as did asking a couple of drivers to drop back into the rookie group. Once second session hit after lunch, super light traffic on the track.
    I'd bet quickie refresher meeting before returning after lunch would only add to that.
    Let's revisit if feedback warrants. Sharing of our experience n ideas will continue to make the event even better, please keep the feedback coming.

For the sake of argument, let's say the average lap time is 1:30 in the fast group. With a 20 min. session time you will make 13 laps. If someone is running a little slower, say a 1:40 lap time you will make 12 laps. Is there really a need for two more passing zones?

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    For the sake of argument, let's say the average lap time is 1:30 in the fast group. With a 20 min. session time you will make 13 laps. If someone is running a little slower, say a 1:40 lap time you will make 12 laps. Is there really a need for two more passing zones?
    It's not about the total laps but rather staying in the rhythm; once you are running 125s or faster, every distraction, no matter how small, has a large effect on what you are doing. I've done laps where I've passed a couple of cars on the straightaways, only to be held up again for the rest of the lap through the infield. Not everyone is on the same runs, lots of warm ups or downs etc. I don't understand your reluctance regarding the additional passing zones - they are printed on the board used by TMP. We are the only group to my knowledge that doesn't use these two EXISTING passing zones.
    Everyone else can't be wrong, lol

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit: This is just my opinion with regards to the passing zones. Additional passing zones was not something that even entered my radar on the day of the event.

Let's see how much feedback we get (pro or con) and go from there, appreciate the suggestion though. As for everyone not being wrong, once upon a time a whole bunch of stiffs thought the world was flat, we all know how that turned out.
    Point of the post, honest feedback about what did or did not work for along with ideas how perhaps we can make it even more enjoyable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ... once upon a time a whole bunch of stiffs thought the world was flat, we all know how that turned out.
    Jury is still out on that one.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php

-Don____________

LOL