Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 401 still closed.

Post 401 still closed.

A stretch of highway 401 just east of Gananoque remains closed in both directions at this hour following a deadly crash involving several vehicles–including transport trucks.
    Police confirm the driver of one of those transport trucks has died. The truck the victim was driving was hauling a dangerous chemical that could cause irritation to the nose, throat, respiratory system, and severe eye irritation.
    And that prompted a Code Orange response from Kingston General Hospital.
    29 people were taken to hospital as a precaution in case they had been exposed to the substance.
    13 of the patients were emergency services first responders who underwent decontamination and were held for observation as a precaution…
    Some of the patients have been discharged from hospital…
    The Code Orange was declared over at 8 last night.

Why don't they ever tell you what the "dangerous chemical" was in cases like this?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Why don't they ever tell you what the "dangerous chemical" was in cases like this?
    Because spelling Fluorosilicic Acid is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Fluorosilicic Acid
    yikes! that does sound pretty dangerous. I sure wouldn't want to drink something like that!
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    yikes! that does sound pretty dangerous. I sure wouldn't want to drink something like that!
    This is A+ stuff. Actually lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    I wonder if the company that shipped out the chemical in the storm gets the bill for this? Shutdown and local evacuation.

Certain chemicals that are dangerous goods and as dangerous as this is should only be transported in bulk during non peek hours.. But that's just MO. There are certain levels that are not allowed on certain roads during certain times but that's specific radioactive materials. The government should be stricter or chemicals like acid...

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by baddbullitt View Post
    Certain chemicals that are dangerous goods and as dangerous as this is should only be transported in bulk during non peek hours.. But that's just MO. There are certain levels that are not allowed on certain roads during certain times but that's specific radioactive materials. The government should be stricter or chemicals like acid...
    I think they were looking at the decision to send the truck out in dangerous driving conditions.

A stretch of Highway 401 in eastern Ontario has now reopened more than 30 hours after being shut down for two pileups that left one man dead and also resulted in a hazardous chemical spill.
    Ontario Provincial Police said Wednesday night at around 10 p.m. that the highway has now fully reopened between Mallorytown and Reynolds roads near Gananoque.
    It had been completely shut down since around 2 p.m. on Tuesday, when the pileups sent 29 people to hospital in Kingston.

That can be a nasty stretch ...period ...sans chemicals