Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  72
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be legal.

would these be the same companies that refuse to hire wine drinkers?
    -Don____________

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    would these be the same companies that refuse to hire wine drinkers?

Post up the Companies that have Wine Testing.

exactly.
    so why would companies test for marijuana?
    -Don____________

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    exactly.
    so why would companies test for marijuana?
    Myriad companies in the USA and Canada have implemented Drug Testing where employees interact with Machinery and the Public.

That said, this may change with the Legalization of Pot, as there would be legal challenges.

Legal Opinion Here: https://www.law360.com/articles/8745...juana-is-legal

Can only read the first paragraph of that article, but yes, it will be an interesting learning curve.
    I would assume (eventually) the same rules as alcohol would apply. Provided you are not high or drunk at work and it's not affecting your performance, there should be no legal grounds.
    -Don____________

4 plants in all reality is not much.. you can get 0 bud from 4 plants.
    '88 LX

Club Supporter
    Was listening to a labour lawyer discuss this today - companies can indicate that employees cannot be intoxicated/impaired on the job (can apply to alcohol, marijuana when medical or legal, prescribed opioids, etc) and can test for presence or impairment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    Cured?

You mentioned you have an interest in a Pot Grower, are you upset with the Radical Left-Wing Gov's plan to allow people to grow up to 4 plants in their own homes?
    I was surprised when I saw this in the proposed legislation, as allowing that many plants for personal use, as it may have an adverse affect on the retail market.
    Four plants is also absurd, as there is no way to enforce the quota.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Corporate and Athletic drug testing too, when pot becomes Legal, I'm thinking the frequency and stringency will increase and the
    Courts will probably see some Cases and b
    Not really.

How is that brewery in your basement? It is legal to brew your own beer. Most do not because its not convenient. There are all sorts of restrictions that will be implemented. If grown in the yard, it must be fenced (possibly with privacy fencing) and children can not have the remotest chance of accessing it. Several months per year it can not be grown outside.

Two of my partners grow under one of the original licences that are still in force. To control the smell, humidity provide proper lighting and temperature have over $8,000 invested. The average person can't afford that.

There are a multitude of people that live in high rises, that don't have the area to grow it. Im sure the boards of directors of condominium corporations will be scrambling to adjust their declarations to ban the growing of pot. Think this is unlawful? Many condominiums do not allow pets, some versions restrict residents to over 55 years old.

Anyone on the forum that is a landlord is going to love cleaning up a house that has been growing pot, even four plants. I walked into a client's house in February and asked him immediately where he was growing his pot (five plants)? He asked how I knew. I told him I could smell it as soon as I stepped into the house. It is smelly and permeates throughout the house.

For every one person that wants to grow their own there will likely be five that can't be bothered.
    The market is estimated at $22.6 billion, if 25% grow their own, that leaves $16.95 billion. I only need 0.002% of the market to make mucho dinero.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Not really.

How is that brewery in your basement? It is legal to brew your own beer. Most do not because its not convenient. There are all sorts of restrictions that will be implemented. If grown in the yard, it must be fenced (possibly with privacy fencing) and children can not have the remotest chance of accessing it. Several months per year it can not be grown outside.

Two of my partners grow under one of the original licences that are still in force. To control the smell, humidity provide proper lighting and temperature have over $8,000 invested. The average person can't afford that.

There are a multitude of people that live in high rises, that don't have the area to grow it. Im sure the boards of directors of condominium corporations will be scrambling to adjust their declarations to ban the growing of pot. Think this is unlawful? Many condominiums do not allow pets, some versions restrict residents to over 55 years old.

Anyone on the forum that is a landlord is going to love cleaning up a house that has been growing pot, even four plants. I walked into a client's house in February and asked him immediately where he was growing his pot (five plants)? He asked how I knew. I told him I could smell it as soon as I stepped into the house. It is smelly and permeates throughout the house.

For every one person that wants to grow their own there will likely be five that can't be bothered.
    The market is estimated at $22.6 billion, if 25% grow their own, that leaves $16.95 billion. I only need 0.002% of the market to make mucho dinero.
    You had me at Brewery in the Basement...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    How is that brewery in your basement?
    One of these days. Yes.

treed by TMS
    -Don____________