Thinking some feeling stock tires are worse vs what they really are is because unlike GM, they are not aggressive in their off the line torque management. Add to that the Hemi makes big torque down low, easy to mistake poor tires for poor right foot control. I was a bit surprised Limited slip / posi is not a super common option in Ram trucks. Got spoiled with my last GM having an Eaton trutrack as part of the All Terrain option. While it worked fantastic, they did not properly address excessive axle end play which saw a fair bit of clunking in the rear at slow speeds either turning or uneven pavement.
While the Hemi has always made good h/p n torque it was not until this gen truck where Ram was able to achieve equally as impressive fuel mileage. No doubt 8spd is a big part of it.
While I did physically look at trucks from each of the big three, after driving my brothers 14 and riding in Dave's truck I was pretty much sold on a Ram. As a hard die GM truck guy virtually forever, speaks volumes.
Thats not to mean the others aren't good rides, just not the ride for me.