Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus... Bye Bye

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

no sure why everyone is raggin on fords quality
    I had NO issue with my F350. I loved that truck. Despite the rust it was a great truck....now the motor on the other hand....was fucking terrible. Thats not a Ford issue thats International.

If theyd have put a Cummins in it, the F250/F350 would be the best truck in history. Its already got the best automatic trans, best hd suspension (05+) and the strongest front and rear ends....the only thing Dodge has going for it is the Cummins. IF you can find a dodge with an NV5600 then youre bullet proof....well, after about 1000 bucks to add a bigger tail end to keep the gears IN the fluid.....but they've never been able to build an automatic and the bodies rot really fast...Chevy.....might as well not even go there.....they ride the best....nothing else good about them until you spend 20k in mods.

I cant speak for the 1500 series trucks....i drove a 2013 Ram Sport and i really liked it....ive never driven a new chev....ive only driven an 06 king ranch Ford so i dont know what the new stuff is like. I know for sure the 19 dodge LOOKS terrible.....the 19 Chev looks awesome and Ford isnt anything super special. I think if you pick one of the big 3, youre getting a decent rig....and even the offshore stuff like toyota and nissan seem to be getting better. Cant really go too wrong i dont think

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

we test drove the Toyota and it was a nice truck but very dated in terms of look been no update in years

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    I had NO issue with my F350. I loved that truck. Despite the rust it was a great truck....now the motor on the other hand....was fucking terrible. Thats not a Ford issue thats International.

If theyd have put a Cummins in it, the F250/F350 would be the best truck in history. Its already got the best automatic trans, best hd suspension (05+) and the strongest front and rear ends....the only thing Dodge has going for it is the Cummins. IF you can find a dodge with an NV5600 then youre bullet proof....well, after about 1000 bucks to add a bigger tail end to keep the gears IN the fluid.....but they've never been able to build an automatic and the bodies rot really fast...Chevy.....might as well not even go there.....they ride the best....nothing else good about them until you spend 20k in mods.

I cant speak for the 1500 series trucks....i drove a 2013 Ram Sport and i really liked it....ive never driven a new chev....ive only driven an 06 king ranch Ford so i dont know what the new stuff is like. I know for sure the 19 dodge LOOKS terrible.....the 19 Chev looks awesome and Ford isnt anything super special. I think if you pick one of the big 3, youre getting a decent rig....and even the offshore stuff like toyota and nissan seem to be getting better. Cant really go too wrong i dont think

We run a fleet at work that's Ford and Chevy, just ordered 5 Rams for first time because the price was right and I vouched pretty hard for them.

Chevy's ride like shit compared to a Dodge, and no features or redeeming tech to speak of. But their solid built and generally last a long time without needed work. Problem is Chevy has rested on their laurels and also decided to price itself premium. Also every truck stereotype seems to be rooted in the 1990's. My last Dodge went 260k with 0 trans issues and no rust. We also have a 2003 Super Duty and a 2009 Super Duty both have which have needed 0 motor work but the transmissions have crapped out twice in 60k. We also have an 03 Chevy HD that's literally just been condemned because the body mounts rusted off, but we spent $3000 in maintenance total for 15 years of service.

Honestly today there all the same shit with different wrappers and packaging. Pick the one that's priced the best for its features, specs and your preference, odds are no one is going to keep them over 5 years anyway so it doesn't fucking matter. If you want a truck that will last a life time pick a diesel a big gas motor'd truck from the late 90's or so, spend a fortune to have the body, suspension and transmission sorted and enjoy driving around in a lumber wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post

Honestly today there all the same shit with different wrappers and packaging. Pick the one that's priced the best for its features, specs and your preference, odds are no one is going to keep them over 5 years anyway so it doesn't fucking matter. If you want a truck that will last a life time pick a diesel a big gas motor'd truck from the late 90's or so, spend a fortune to have the body, suspension and transmission sorted and enjoy driving around in a lumber wagon.
    Im always on the lookout for a 1st gen ram with the cummins. Plan is to put my p pump cummins in after a rebuild and fix the kdp issue and add a compound turbo setup and then just drive the whore. Make the body SOLID but it dont need to be pretty.

Generally speaking, if you keep up on maintainence anything mechanical should last. I see alot of people running into HUGE repair bills on the heui diesels because they dont change the oil enough. Simple shit that is the difference between a working machine and a several thousand dollar repair bill.

Funny to me that you prefer the ride of the dodge over chev....i find the chev quite plush but as with any gm, the second theres a little weight in the box, it squats like a dog having a dump. The ride in the new ford sd trucks is quite nice...drove a 16 f250 the other day and i forgot i was even in a truck.