Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
I don't see battery powered electrics coming to the fore either. Electricity is too expensive. If renewables like solar, wind, hydro provided the bulk of the base load I could see a maybe. Personally I think it will have to be a form of fuel cells with something like nuclear plants providing the base load and surplus power used to generate hydrogen. Then's there's a distribution system required.

Time for a horse
yes Horse would be cool - the way technology is now I would say 50-60 percent of the people maybe more could work from home - tech like youtube is a great teaching platform that could also eliminate the need for a large chunk of the transportation and the need for buildings that only get about 6-8 hours of use for about 9 months of the year. Robotics posses a threat to many manufacturing and health care jobs which may open doors for more people to work from home - if business and governments really want to make a difference there are more affordable and maybe affective ways that would relieve a lot pf pressure on growing infrastructure and rapping and threatening the earth mining minerals, sand, gravel, and extracting oil and natural gas at such huge volumes. It seems simple but in my experience most people especially the Napolean types are bent oppression, doing things the hard expensive, and often wasteful way.