Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distracted driving fine going to $1000 in New Year

Distracted driving fine going to $1000 in New Year

Better buy that handsfree kit for the old daily driver ....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...ease-1.4916615

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    Better buy that handsfree kit for the old daily driver ....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...ease-1.4916615
    Finally!! I hope they follow through with this. I drive 100km one way to work and the amount of women I see on their phones not paying attention is ridiculous. Men are guilty also but I see WAY more women doing it.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

I don’t plan on getting one of these, so I have no problem with the fines going up up up.
    -Don____________

dosnt bother me of phones but bothers me that the law is written so that an officer if so inclined can slap you with a $1000 fine for nothing more than sipping your coffee at a red light.

I just saw one tonight on the phone yapping and blew through a red light!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Finally!! I hope they follow through with this. I drive 100km one way to work and the amount of women I see on their phones not paying attention is ridiculous. Men are guilty also but I see WAY more women doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    lmao - you sound a little like Don Cherry - I put a lot of miles on in a day too and I get really annoyed when the car in front cant maintain a constant speed cause of texting or whatever

Drivers these days can barely stay in their own lanes without being distracted. No on road enforcement beyond hiding behind a bridge with a radar gun has turned our streets and hwy's into a war zone. Freakin ridiculous the moves we see other drivers do each and every day.

As for the fine increasing, won't make an ounce of difference beyond more money in the govt coffers. On a typical drive, most here see numerous peeps texting, running red lights, no lights or running high beams, no working brake lights, double or triple left turns or lane changing like it's a freakin video game, what about a little old fashioned ON ROAD ENFORCEMENT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    As for the fine increasing, won't make an ounce of difference beyond more money in the govt coffers. On a typical drive, most here see numerous peeps texting, running red lights, no lights or running high beams, no working brake lights, double or triple left turns or lane changing like it's a freakin video game, what about a little old fashioned ON ROAD ENFORCEMENT!!!!
    Exactly this!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    So true, I see much of the same on my daily commute from Woodbridge to Mississauga. Also what’s the deal with so many Honda’s (especially Civics) driving with their high beams on??? Not sure if it is a design flaw on the light stalk or just a disproportionate Civic driver flaw?
    FABMAN