Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: GM to announce closing of Oshawa plants Monday

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    at least their still making the Mustang for "car guys" while catering "to all the rest" - just don't make it autonomous...! or I will be syphoning jet fuel at the airport for my fox! Accepting unwanted carburetors! Free pickup!
    The countdown clock may be ticking for the Mustang when you listen to their 10, 20, 30 year strategic plans. All it will take is a few short years of down sales and it's gone (or go electric/hybrid).

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    The countdown clock may be ticking for the Mustang when you listen to their 10, 20, 30 year strategic plans. All it will take is a few short years of down sales and it's gone (or go electric/hybrid).
    I think so - sales appear to be low now compared to pre 2008 - that could change with fewer options - the rest of our lives will be interesting - hopefully race track wont be autonomous...lol

Club Supporter
    I think so - sales appear to be low now compared to pre 2008 - that could change with fewer options - the rest of our lives will be interesting - hopefully race track wont be autonomous...lol
    Attendance at all types of motor-based racing events are down globally from what I've read and so is the corresponding sponsorship $ (if the money goes then the teams go and attendance continues to drop - it a perpetuating cycle to zero) so that could go away as well with upcoming Millenial/post-Millenial (Z, etc) generations depending on their interest in these types of sports....and Moore's Law is accelerating the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Attendance at all types of motor-based racing events are down globally from what I've read and so is the corresponding sponsorship $ (if the money goes then the teams go and attendance continues to drop - it a perpetuating cycle to zero) so that could go away as well with upcoming Millenial/post-Millenial (Z, etc) generations depending on their interest in these types of sports....and Moore's Law is accelerating the clock.
    I'm not too interested in spectating my interest lies in participation...there may be a future in owning a track..!

Club Supporter
    I'm not too interested in spectating my interest lies in participation...there may be a future in owning a track..!
    I'm not sure the tracks could survive without spectator revenue at events through the year.

There already is an autonomous racing series. They race in conjunction with the Formula E.