Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    Went to remove the hitch off my truck and my lock pin was f***ed.
    The key would go in but wouldn’t unlock it.
    Solution was a grinder (universal key) to cut the locking mechanism off.

I will be looking for a new stainless lock pin for replacement.
    Seen great results absolutely filling my trailer / hitch locks with either Krown or Rust Check.

ChristenHoer
    I was looking to remove scratches from the bonnet. I tried a toothpaste trick but unfortunately, it didn't work.

Impossible to beat a polisher, correct compound and a pair of talented hands.

bought an SCT 4X tuner from a buddy.
    all I can say is DAMN!

only thing Im not sure of is my truck (2018 f150 3.5EB lariat) has the 5 driving modes, (normal, tow, snow. eco and Sport) does the tuner program render these moot? or is it still beneficial to utilize the different modes depending on drive?
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 01-14-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    bought an SCT 4X tuner from a buddy.
    all I can saw is DAMN!

only thing Im not sure of is my truck (2018 f150 3.5EB lariat) has the 5 driving modes, (normal, tow, snow. eco and Sport) does the tuner program render these moot? or is it still beneficial to utilize the different modes depending on drive?
    Depends what the tuner did........they can be tuned out......but normally they are still active.

I have an SCT X4 on my 18 f150 eco as well and the driving modes are still active

Awesome. Thanks.

Dropped off my '14 FX4 at the dealer this morning. The rear window defroster stopped working so, they ordered a new rear glass/sliding window for installation.
    While waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer another issue reared it's ugly head..lol One morning while sitting in the driveway, the truck was warming up. I hear a loud bang. I'm like...wtf? Thought maybe it was the running board contracting cus it was a cold morning. Later that day, while shovelling the drive, I look down and find a piece of the front passenger side coil spring. Sure enough, I take a look up under the truck and the suspension has dropped about an inch and a half. Wow...my truck has 49k pampered kilometers. When I call the dealer, first thing he says is... 'oh, you have a plow on that, eh!' LOL NO!
    So, all is covered under the ESP. Guess the heat treatment was shiat on the spring...

That’s not good regarding the spring.....I thought you were going to post the rear window exploded like mine did last year.
    Tons of threads about that happening and Ford doing 0. Think it cost me $7-800.

Hope Ford swaps both front springs for you and doesn’t cheap out!

Yeah...I had that discussion with the dealer....couldn't talk them into changing both unless they find signs of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    That’s not good regarding the spring.....I thought you were going to post the rear window exploded like mine did last year.
    Tons of threads about that happening and Ford doing 0. Think it cost me $7-800.

Hope Ford swaps both front springs for you and doesn’t cheap out!