Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  145
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard if Mustangs @ Mosport is a go for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Too much bugs for me, lol
    I’m a wuss - I’ll stay at the hotel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hahaha maybe that's why the High Commander never comes...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Worst crash I've ever seen at Mustangs at Mosport was an experienced driver. Car rolled after going off #8.
    In the 3 yrs. I attended, that day was the worst one. Believe there were 3 significantly damaged cars that day due to off track mis-haps, with the one you mention being the worst, including driver injury. I remember hearing from several experienced drivers that you had to be on your toes at all times @ Mosport...as it can bite you quickly. And if it's at all cool in the weather dept.....doubly so. Gotta make sure the rubber is good and warm before you really get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Too much bugs for me, lol
    I’m a wuss - I’ll stay at the hotel lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't worry, the exhaust fumes kill most of the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    ... you had to be on your toes at all times @ Mosport...as it can bite you quickly.
    Here's a near miss I had at turn 4. As I was approaching the turn in, the conga line ahead of me at turn 5 caught my attention and I turned in way too late. The suspension was unloaded at this point as I was going over the crest. Had wait for the car to come back down before turning in. My passenger turned a bit white.

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    In the 3 yrs. I attended, that day was the worst one. Believe there were 3 significantly damaged cars that day due to off track mis-haps, with the one you mention being the worst, including driver injury. I remember hearing from several experienced drivers that you had to be on your toes at all times @ Mosport...as it can bite you quickly. And if it's at all cool in the weather dept.....doubly so. Gotta make sure the rubber is good and warm before you really get on it.
    As former pro racer Tommy Kendall said while doing the colour commentary for the IMSA race at Mosport last year ... "if you don't get proper scared at least 4 times a lap around here, you're not trying hard enough" or words to that effect.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Here's a near miss I had at turn 4. As I was approaching the turn in, the conga line ahead of me at turn 5 caught my attention and I turned in way too late. The suspension was unloaded at this point as I was going over the crest. Had wait for the car to come back down before turning in. My passenger turned a bit white.

Didn't look to bad in the video....good recovery :-). The only close call I had was in my 2nd yr. where I came off turn 10 and the back end of the Boss started to come around....heading me towards the pit lane concrete barrier! Got off the gas quick...and corrected, thankfully. Sphincter tightening moment for sure. My stock Pirelli P-zero's were a bit worn and a little cool (morning run) and it showed. Replaced them next season with Michelin Pilot Super Sports....they were impressive.

Nothing but smooooooth sailing for me at Mosport.

..........................until a half shaft / hub let go.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ..........................until a half shaft / hub let go.
    “Pucker”!!!!
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

My worst moment at Mosport came following a car down 2 . The driver decided it would be a good idea to get hard on the brakes mid-turn. I think I started breathing again at 5.