When it comes to detailing you can go from mild to really wild. So take that into consideration when looking at products.

That said, foam cannons have gained popularity in the last few years. Most work on a power sprayer and some require adapters to attach to those power sprayers (l.e. I had to buy one for my karcher). There are others that attach to your garden hose as well.

I have both, the garden hose one just helps get more soap on the car but won’t get you that stucco covered look of soap. It’s okay but in hindsight I wouldn’t have bought it.

Power sprayer model is much more effective. Essentially you wet the car and then you spray the soap. The idea is to let it dwell on the car to loosen dirt and help carry it off the finish without touching it as much. The less contact with your paint the less fine scratches. This tool works best on cars that have already gone through paint correction and sealant or ceramic coating. Note: you waste a lot more soap with this.

My X5 has undergone all of those steps and has ceramic coating as well. So usually I can foam cannon it, dwell, rinse and blow dry it with a Leaf blower and minimal waffle towel drying. Wheels still get washed the traditional way.

Hope that helps.