Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  82
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Don Cherry relieved of duties at Sportsnet/HNIC

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcaN...gneMQH2dYL_Djg

you people is a phrase he used often. Go to the last minute or so of this video for a previous similar go buy a poppy rant.
    “You people “ “you guys” yes common phrase he uses . He uses it to reference defensemen , coaches, media , forwards etc

Was thinking the same thing I don’t think it’s the first time he’s used that phrase

I think it was the combination of saying "you people" and then saying "that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey" It insinuates immigrants. I still agree with Don.

Earlier this week a man brings a sign to a Vancouver game, holds up said sign saying "I support Don Cherry". A member of Vancouver’s security team approached the man and told him to follow him into the hallway where multiple policeman were waiting, who then took the sign away from him.

Fucking pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Earlier this week a man brings a sign to a Vancouver game, holds up said sign saying "I support Don Cherry". A member of Vancouver’s security team approached the man and told him to follow him into the hallway where multiple policeman were waiting, who then took the sign away from him.

Fucking pathetic!
    You should go to a Sabres game and see how the stadium security treats people. You are a GUEST inside the venue. I saw a French Canadian guy get arrested when the Habs won for gloating. it was likely because he was French and nothing else, but it's not a democracy in a such a venue.

In the U.S. sometimes a few signs are the starting of a race riot and I think that's where the police are coming from.......experience.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

In the old days, us old people used the term "you guys" or "yous guys" all the time in groups. So what.

Just saw a video from like 97ish.

Don cherry saying. You people need to be buying poppies. Your sitting in your house watching a tv and enjoying freedom paid for by soldiers.

Club Supporter
    Context - the rest of what he said makes this version different. Still a stupid episode and firing but they wanted him gone. Is Coaches Corner still relevant today? Not sure how many viewers they have still.

Yep context. Like the full version of what he said.

People in cities don’t wear poppies. You people enjoy the benefits of the freedoms paid for by our veterans. The least you can do is buy a poppy.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Yep context. Like the full version of what he said.

People in cities don’t wear poppies. You people enjoy the benefits of the freedoms paid for by our veterans. The least you can do is buy a poppy.

Full Version - "You know, I was talking to a veteran, and I said, I'm not going to run the (annual Remembrance Day montage) anymore, because what's the sense? I live in Mississauga, nobody wears, very few people wear a poppy," said Cherry in his rapid-fire, sentence fragment-generating way. "Downtown Toronto, forget it, downtown Toronto, nobody wears a poppy. And I'm not going to, and he says, wait a minute. How about running it for the people that buy them?

Now you go to the small cities and you know, the rows on rows, you people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple bucks for a poppy or something like that. These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada, these guys paid the biggest price. Anyhow, I'm going to run it for you great people and good Canadians that bought a poppy."

Don’t get the immigration issue.

People looking to make a problem.

Context to me clearly states he is referring to the people he just referred to that don’t wear poppies.