Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Doubtful. If anything based on current trajectory I'd wager they lean towards some form of subsidy for home EV charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I think what will happen with electricity is exactly what happens with fuel prices - it will fluctuate with demand - one day up - next down - power lines down price goes up - people conserve price goes down - electricity unlike other power sources can't be stored unless it is a small home power station - once everyone is onboard and relying solely on electricity with no natural gas available - this I think is what will happen. Remember the Whynn gov had planned to replace natural gas with electricity and this will still likely happen no matter who is in power. I cant believe those huge natural gas plants are solely for backup...I would think they are more for production to meet future demands.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    He’s not charging at the right place.
    The Tesla charging station near me is free!
    Tesla will not be forcing anyone to pay for a few more years.
    he was charging from home...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    electricity unlike other power sources can't be stored unless it is a small home power station...
    ?
    It’s pretty much the definition of a battery.

Like the idea of a powerwall.

Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.
    -Don____________

Did I mention we have lots of snow..."Snowmobile Trails could be open soon"

https://www.kisstimmins.com/2019/12/...pen-next-week/
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ?

Store your solar panel power and/or charge the wall during non-peak hours to use whenever you want.
    I think they were setting this up for Canada about 2 or 3 years ago so i think it's up and running here now since then. Annette Verschuren (former Home Depot Canada CEO was developing strategy for Canadian market at the time via NRStor Inc.). Expensive but they were not at scale at the time/now but price will drop with scale as with most things. It's not just residential but also industrial, commercial, and utilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    He’s not charging at the right place.
    The Tesla charging station near me is free!
    Tesla will not be forcing anyone to pay for a few more years.
    Tesla charging is not free unless you have a model s or model x otherwise it is pay per use. I charged (at a tesla supercharger) a model 3 up to around 290 km range and it cost 14.30.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ?

my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    my understanding of this is for backup power when the grid goes down and doesn't have a long life (when I say long life, can't take too many recharges) but it's made out to be glamourous - it may have been improved - still have yet to see one - it seems to work more like the rechargeable boosters for your car battery - they have a lot of ideas but not much success with many of them or getting them to market eg, solar shingles - there is solar glass available in Europe (that excites me) and right now seems like the cats ass of current (pardon the pun) - I've also read about solar roofing materials in Europe.
    10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    10-year warranty? I guess if the product has a low number of cycles they just replace it periodically? Not sure that's a sound business model.
    no - I read about people using them in their homes in the USA didn't seem to happy with it and very expensive - Europe is light years ahead of North America in regards to sustained energy
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd