Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  83
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Insurance !

I remember those days quite well ZR, happy to be in Ajax !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

The difference is freakin insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Want something to choke on, what I pay in Scarb with no convictions is criminal, yes have shopped it to da max.
    I can relate, Woodbridge is quite high as well and we have clean records.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    I can relate, Woodbridge is quite high as well and we have clean records.
    So true, while there is a lot of shitty drivers in Woodbridge. The problem lies with insurance companies mapping us with all of York Region which includes high risk areas like Maple and Markham.

Mapping part is BS in my eyes, feels like double dipping. If the peeps I drive around have had / are more prone to having accidents, why am I paying for it vs them not seeing even higher rates?
    When calling around for sled insurance a few years back, about a third or more I called would not even quote citing they are not competitive in my area code. Kidding me right, can't ride a sled in the GTA!!!!
    No tickets, no accidents, own my own home outright, good credit, drive a vehicle that falls into a low rate category, freaking old as dirt but yet pay north of $3500/yr for my truck and wifes HHR. Riddle me that one Batman.
    My brother lives in Port Perry, yr younger n drives same truck but a yr older, pays just over half of what I do and his is listed as traveling for work each and every day. Exact same scenario years ago when he had an Olds 98 Touring sedan and we had a Buick Park Ave (both same yr), paid under half of what I did.
    When it comes to rates, shove it up the ass of those who are creating the neg stats n leave the rest of us alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    No tickets, no accidents, own my own home outright, good credit, drive a vehicle that falls into a low rate category, freaking old as dirt but yet pay north of $3500/yr for my truck and wifes HHR. Riddle me that one Batman.
    Is junior under the policy?

If you really want to choke:
    my 2016 Jaguar is $3600.00(My Mustang was $3400). Seems a 69 year old man with 2 tickets in 6 years driving a high powered sports car is considered a major risk
    2019 Fusion $2000
    2017 F-250 Work truck: $2500 Business insurance
    2018 F-550 Dump truck: $5000!!!!! Business insurance
    2019 F-250 truck $2500 (my son owns it: 33, clean record)
    16 ft flatbed trailer: $500
    We have $1000 deductible on the cars, $1500 on the trucks. Only one claim on business insurance in the last 15years, $5,000,000 liability

The problem with business insurance is that none of the companies want it, so they price it high.
    And shopping around?:
    I'm currently with Intac, who are the only ones who give us snow liability(the business liability is $12,000 per year). I have never had a liability claim in 41 years. We've tried RBC, Royal Sun and Alliance, Dejardins and several others. In our case, it seem, you have to pay to play.
    1971 Avanti II,
    '89 Coupe, , 22 Bronco sport
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, , 96 Mustang GT vert

I’m glad my wife works for an insurance company. Couldn’t imagine paying the rates some of you are. I’ll leave now before I get lynched lol.

Foxstang
    Insurance is a scam, a legal mob if you will. I got quoted 6k year just as a business who stores cars over the winter, no electrical in the 30x100 shed, no batteries in the cars (to avoid the chance of fire) and legal BS contract with each client in terms of responsibility. Then another insurance fee if I add oil change and detailing to that storage offering... not to mention the commercial insurance on the future F250 and enclosed trailer. My profits would be eaten up by insurance and government with nothing left for little ol me...

I think I'm paying 1350/year for the 2019 Ranger and 1500 for the 2015 Edge (wife got in a collision).

Just put full insurance back on the mustang...$215 for 6 months.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!