Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  69
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future Project

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Politics aside, something to be said about the simplicity of an electric motor.
    A V8 has what? Over a hundred major moving parts? Pistons accelerating, then decelerating, stopping, changing directions and doing it all over again dozens of times a second.
    An electric motor has one major moving part. It just spins.

You want to build something cool... try no moving parts!
    Pulse jet powered car!

He’s running the wrong way if he wants to win the race lmao hahaha - for drag racing I thinks electric will kick ass and end the sport as long as they calm down warm up the tires real good and hang on and laugh like the devil hahaha
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I understand how simple electric cars are I don’t understand the purchase price for one considering the simplicity
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I understand how simple electric cars are I don’t understand the purchase price for one considering the simplicity
    Much of the cost is in the batteries. The materials are mined by people, and there are many environmental considerations, making it very costly.

Club Supporter
    Scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Much of the cost is in the batteries. The materials are mined by people, and there are many environmental considerations, making it very costly.
    I have always wonder if there is enough material in the earth to support building all these batteries, as they use a lot of rare earth types.

I have always thought about a project using a 4 or 6 cylinder, and supercharging or turbo to achieve the horse power, similar to Fords Eco Boost engines, where they position them as V8 replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    I have always wonder if there is enough material in the earth to support building all these batteries, as they use a lot of rare earth types.

I have always thought about a project using a 4 or 6 cylinder, and supercharging or turbo to achieve the horse power, similar to Fords Eco Boost engines, where they position them as V8 replacements.
    A lot of the materials comes from underdeveloped countries, but there appears to be plenty of raw material currently available, of course it comes at a great cost, that most don’t know, or care about.

Personally I love seeing different swaps, and the 4-cyl ecoboost is becoming a very common swap engine, as well as the 3.5 and 2.7. There are also engines from GM that are very potent (ecotec 4 cyl), and plenty of other options.

*deleted
    Not getting into the pointless argument about electric vehicles
    -Don____________

I won't be going electric or hydrogen but we may have to concede one day as a daily driver and keep the cool cars for off road who knows - I just read a story the other day that ford is investing heavy to have a wide range of electric cars by 2025 including the Mach E (i dont know this Mach E may be the next gen Mustang...lol - Maybe they will have the Electric Eel model and the Super Electric Eel and drop the snake.....lol) The electric f150 is said to be out in 2022 and I recently saw the Seirra electric version - I want at least 500hp - naturally aspirated - will be fuel injection - tossed between building an old iron block or getting a coyote - would love a flat plane crank engine but a little pricey - anyone I've every known who put 500 plus hp into a four cylinder didn't have an engine for very long - had a friend with a 800 hp subbie the engine ran great all kinds of sensors but crapped out some valves when an issue with the tranny ultimately effected the engine - V8's are also susceptible, have a friend with a Hellcat hit a large puddle on one side that jammed the power steering box that momentarily mistimed the engine, I guess with forces from the belts and pulleys and crapped out the valves - mustangs with electric steering likely a better choice...no electric race cars...lol and no discussions on solar panels batteries or lithium I have no interest in any of it - I'm just wondering if the hobby as we know it is at a loss....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

For us older guys this is the same argument as buying tools with life time warranties, or a life time sentence in prison.
    Ha Ha!!

upfuturemaz.jpg

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...re-racing-cars

cool story and it's mostly in English considering the rag it came from...lol - one part that intrigued me was virtual racing alongside the pro's in a actual race - may have to take up gaming -
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd