Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

BBK Catted pipe is currently on backorder for quite some time. Also X > H for power gains.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    BBK Catted pipe is currently on backorder for quite some time. Also X > H for power gains.
    I can’t wait. And I already have the X pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Your existing shorty X pipe won't fit with long tubes unless the welder and grinder get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^ exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Your existing shorty X pipe won't fit with long tubes unless the welder and grinder get involved.
    That’s what I was asking earlier but any muffler shop could make that work no ?

Not without costing within a small amount of a new pipe that actually fits.
    Your old pipe (if in good shape) is worth a good buck, will help offset cost of the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Not without costing within a small amount of a new pipe that actually fits.
    Your old pipe (if in good shape) is worth a good buck, will help offset cost of the new one.
    So with long tubes I would need the full exhaust system all over again wouldnt I ? Headers Xpipe and borla S-type and cats

Exhaust systems on the SN95/New Edge cars are most commonly referred to as 3 major components

The "manifolds/headers" - part that come right off your heads and merges individual cylinder collectors in to one pipe
    The "mid pipe" - the part that merges the collectors of the headers via X or H style connection and contains the cats if present
    The "Cat back exhaust" - the flow tubes, mufflers, over axle tubes and tail pipes

The Cat Back is the portion that contains the mufflers and tailpipes (or turndowns) and is the only part of the system that doesn't depend on the configuration of the other two for compatibility. You can run any* cat back system with with any* combination of mid pipe and headers. In your case that means your Borla S type can stay regardless of the other two.

However the manifolds and mid pipe need to be compatible. AKA a shorty header or a stock manifold only works with a shorty header/stock manifold style mid pipe. Vice versa a Long tube header needs a long tube header style mid pipe. Both variants of mid pipes can be had in X or H configuration and containing cats or catless.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Exhaust systems on the SN95/New Edge cars are most commonly referred to as 3 major components

The "manifolds/headers" - part that come right off your heads and merges individual cylinder collectors in to one pipe
    The "mid pipe" - the part that merges the collectors of the headers via X or H style connection and contains the cats if present
    The "Cat back exhaust" - the flow tubes, mufflers, over axle tubes and tail pipes

The Cat Back is the portion that contains the mufflers and tailpipes (or turndowns) and is the only part of the system that doesn't depend on the configuration of the other two for compatibility. You can run any* cat back system with with any* combination of mid pipe and headers. In your case that means your Borla S type can stay regardless of the other two.

However the manifolds and mid pipe need to be compatible. AKA a shorty header or a stock manifold only works with a shorty header/stock manifold style mid pipe. Vice versa a Long tube header needs a long tube header style mid pipe. Both variants of mid pipes can be had in X or H configuration and containing cats or catless.
    I know it’s ideal to do this while the motor is out, but is it really hard to do with the motor already in place ?

Do what? Long tubes?