Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appliance Recommendations

I've had many of the main stream brands over the years and find they are all similar in reliability. Unfortunately that means replacing them every 7 or 8 years because something will go and the repair will be more than half of new.

If I had to pick, which I did last year, I went with one of the fancier Maytag lines. No issues so far but they are only 18 months old. Space limitations gave me few options.

Buy, break, replace, repeat....

We have Frigidaire all the way around. Happy with them-3-4 years old I think??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year a appliance parts guy from Marcone told me that today's appliances are junk with a 5-7 year lifespan.

He said the problems usually start after the first year when the warranty is gone.

Good luck so far with a 31 year old Maytag stove,fridge,washer with only minor problems like elements,one burner switch,fridge sensor.

I remember a post about LG Appliances from years back. That turned into a 5-6 year source of comedy...

As long as my appliances are not the source of the comedy , let it roll !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I think there might be an animated video floating around somewhere...

Bought an LG two door fridge with bottom drawer freezer about 6 or 7 years ago from Lowes. The device that helps close/secure the door (on one door) started to fail (door wouldn't always close) and the rubber seals/molding on the two fridge doors developed black mold and were replaced under warranty as well at the same time (bought the extended warranty). The ice maker stopped working (fairly common issue from what I found out) after about 4 years....just shortly after my warranty ran out.

We had a GE Profiles gas stove that we inherited when we bought the place in 2005. Other then replacing the igniter a couple of times, it was rock solid.

New place we moved into in Calgary has all Whirlpool appliances, which I'm assuming came with the house new in 2011 (could be wrong). We'll see how it goes with them....