Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,680

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Had it with the poor gas consumption of the Camry and dropped by my local Honda dealership and proceeded to buy a used Civic Sedan. Just waiting for them to clean it up. Previous owner didn't give a rats ass about the interior. Was filthy in every way. Drove fantastic for a CVT transmission I was really surprised. Felt way peppier than my V6 Camry.

If there is any issues with the a/c, the civics have a warranty extension on the condenser for pretty much ever.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

^ No way I buy that, Honda's never break.

Let’s just say I’m not worried about job security ��
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Haven driven a 2005 TSX and a 2016 Accord I4, the CVT does feel peppier. TSX had a 6 speed auto. Engines are basically the same K series 2.4L engines, just different variations. Biggest differences are engines mounted differently and direct injection in the Accord.

You’re Civic has a K20, same as my Civic Si but detuned for economy, not performance. Take care of the engine and it’ll last a long long time.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Let’s just say I’m not worried about job security ��
    LOL

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Haven driven a 2005 TSX and a 2016 Accord I4, the CVT does feel peppier. TSX had a 6 speed auto. Engines are basically the same K series 2.4L engines, just different variations. Biggest differences are engines mounted differently and direct injection in the Accord.

You’re Civic has a K20, same as my Civic Si but detuned for economy, not performance. Take care of the engine and it’ll last a long long time.
    I nearly went for a tsx but the need for premium steered me away. I needed something newer that wont break the bank. I also take care of my cars. I change the oil at 5k km in any car and I dont care what anyone says.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Honda’s maintenance minder system is a joke. My wife’s new Acura didn’t want an oil change until it hit 14k.
    I do it every 6k

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I nearly went for a tsx but the need for premium steered me away. I needed something newer that wont break the bank. I also take care of my cars. I change the oil at 5k km in any car and I dont care what anyone says.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    Yeah, premium in the TSX was annoying. Accord takes regular, has the same tank size and almost the same amount of power.

K series engines are strong. They’re like the B series engine of the past. Change the oil whenever you feel like. Whatever makes you happy. It can go to 8k like it’s supposed to. Never had problems with mine. Definitely go synthetic and get a catch can. I didn’t like the amount of oil vapours in the intake manifold when cleaning out the throttle body.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Spent some hours on the DD today. Clean. Brand new second hand!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk