Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electric tankless water heater

With the short window she will be there and only one person, tank for sure. She would never recoup the costs of the installation and equipment purchase to go with tankless at this stage.

that being said, we have been with tankless for 13 years, never had an issue. Initial warmup is a bit annoying, but the cost savings and increase space in the utility area make it something I am very pleased with

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    With the short window she will be there and only one person, tank for sure. She would never recoup the costs of the installation and equipment purchase to go with tankless at this stage.

that being said, we have been with tankless for 13 years, never had an issue. Initial warmup is a bit annoying, but the cost savings and increase space in the utility area make it something I am very pleased with
    I'd do the install for her so it'd be cheap. I am leaning towards a small tank style over electric tankless. I was initially drawn to tankless electric when I saw an average 1K price, but those sound like a bad bet. The current tank is huge and must be inhaling energy.

The room her tank is well sloped to a floor drain, so maybe a wait and see approach is the way to go. I was unlucky. My tank failure was at the top of the tank and sprayed. It also popped after I went to be and had all night to flood my basement. Mine was a gas tank and the leak was in the central flue. Hers is electric so a simpler vessel.

I think for now I'll advise her to do a daily health check and think on it some more.

If replacement is warranted, I'll be looking to tank style first.