Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HVAC help required

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    To be clear I am not a pro on pricing, but I was looking at different furnaces in early fall.
    We narrowed it down to a Lennox model, up pops Amazon with same Canadian model, heat range, etc with free next day delivery to my house??? In the area of $400CD.
    We went with a heating contractor, but if you have really good friends............
    That's a lot cheaper than I expected. I've not yet given up on repair. My gut level suspicion is that cheap a model will be akin to the cheap on demand water heaters I recently looked into.

Can’t help you out on parts. But lots of caution on “temporary” fixes.

If something happens. Insurance will tell you to stuff it.

If a gas tech sees it. They will tag you and shut you down. Forcing a repair or replace.

If you had a gas guy look at it. And then you temp fix it and something happens you run the risk of insurance blaming the last tech and ruining his life.

If not a keeper house then rent one would be the most cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Can’t help you out on parts. But lots of caution on “temporary” fixes.

If something happens. Insurance will tell you to stuff it.

If a gas tech sees it. They will tag you and shut you down. Forcing a repair or replace.

If you had a gas guy look at it. And then you temp fix it and something happens you run the risk of insurance blaming the last tech and ruining his life.

If not a keeper house then rent one would be the most cost effective.
    Understood, and I take your point.

My manual over ride consists of;

shut off the gas at the plug valve (perfectly legal).

allow vent and blower to run and cool the exchanger, then turn off power to the furnace. Again normal procedure at the end of heating season when switching over to cooling.

I am not jumping controls or any other interventions.

Two gas tech's have been here so far without issue. I had to show the 1st one some of the features and functions. Second one was only here long enough to see the control valve he brought was incorrect. Both saw what I was up to.

I haven't had to intervene yet for the last 2 days, so intermittent to the point of I won't leave it running when not home. I don't believe the high temp cut out is affected and assume the tech's would have spoken up. I'm much like the ships engineer (and most Mustang drivers) in that it doesn't take more than a strange noise or non standard condition long to get my attention. I first discovered this issue when the temp rose 2 degrees above normal.