Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,680

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

I have a 03 2v. I just forged it. Currently running a V2. Not sure if I should pulley down or not. Going to run the motor to 7000rpm. My V2 have a 3.12mm pulley. At that rpm my V2 is maxed out at 52000 rpm. So my question is, is it better to leave it there or should I pulley down to a 2.87mm and tune the engine to 6500rpm. blower will be at 52000rpm at both tunes. Which is the better route ? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I have a 03 2v. I just forged it. Currently running a V2. Not sure if I should pulley down or not. Going to run the motor to 7000rpm. My V2 have a 3.12mm pulley. At that rpm my V2 is maxed out at 52000 rpm. So my question is, is it better to leave it there or should I pulley down to a 2.87mm and tune the engine to 6500rpm. blower will be at 52000rpm at both tunes. Which is the better route ? TIA
    Big difference between what happens inside an engine at 6500 vs 7k. In the same breath, given your running that style of blower, they perform the best at RPM.

You're over spinning it either way by my calculations. Either way the V2 isn't going to explode at 52,001 rpm guys have spun them up to 60,000+ rpm they just get far less efficient there. Could always put an underdrive crank pulley on there, going from the stock 6.5" to a 5" pulley is gonna drop the impeller RPM's way way down. Boost will decrease as well as result, I don't know the math to determine boost on a 2.87" pulley and a 5" crank pulley vs 3.12" on a 6.5" crank pulley. Honestly I'd leave the 3.12 on and set the limiter to 6700.

Are your heads built or just bottom end? Spinning the car up to 7k all the time on stock valvetrain isn't gonna last forever.
    Last edited by Laffs; 02-27-2023 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

The engine is completely rebuilt from the ground up. Bored out to a 4.8.
    With forged bottom end. Everything is upgraded except heads. The dollar to power didn’t make sense for a street car. I did how ever invest in long tube headers and upgraded my injectors and fuel pump.

But to my original question, I just wanted safe efficiency. Based on some answers I think I’ll just leave the pulley and go the rpm route. Car won’t be seeing 7k rpm every shift lol. I don’t even do burn outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    The engine is completely rebuilt from the ground up. Bored out to a 4.8.
    With forged bottom end. Everything is upgraded except heads. The dollar to power didn’t make sense for a street car. I did how ever invest in long tube headers and upgraded my injectors and fuel pump.

But to my original question, I just wanted safe efficiency. Based on some answers I think I’ll just leave the pulley and go the rpm route. Car won’t be seeing 7k rpm every shift lol. I don’t even do burn outs.
    Uhhhh don't spin your stock valvetrain to 7k.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I told the builder what my plans were, he built it according to my needs. I can confirm which upgrades he used. Only the heads them selves are stock. Everything else including supporting pieces are upgraded to support my plans of 7k redline. Thank you for the heads up tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Uhhhh don't spin your stock valvetrain to 7k.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpd4S41JIs

-Don____________

Tonight I will be experiencing homelessness through 360 Experience along with some of my colleagues to raise money and awareness about homeless youth.
    We will be sleeping on the street, no blankets, no extra water - nothing.
    Very excited!
    https://secure.e2rm.com/p2p/fundrais...m/996881/en-CA