Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medium duty truck Hydro boost. Long story long.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Hardest part we are dealing with is any dealer I talk to that specializes in big trucks is all over it until they find out I’m a small town shop and looking for a single truck. Then it always turns into this is it take it or leave it.
    If you’re interested I can give you the name of my dealer and guy in Florida and a dealer in North Carolina I have dealt with in past. They had no issues with me buying a single truck and treated me extremely well.

On our lift dump (sought after and specialized piece of equipment) he knocked enough down on the phone to cover plane tickets down to come inspect the unit and another couple grand off in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    If you’re interested I can give you the name of my dealer and guy in Florida and a dealer in North Carolina I have dealt with in past. They had no issues with me buying a single truck and treated me extremely well.

On our lift dump (sought after and specialized piece of equipment) he knocked enough down on the phone to cover plane tickets down to come inspect the unit and another couple grand off in person.
    I’ll keep that I mind.

I’m waiting to hear back on one from a customers shop. Place we have not delt with yet due to distance but we got chatting while I was fixing his washer. A local fire station is upgrading a truck they want to go away from gas to diesel. So they are taking the 20ft rescue box off the back and putting it in a new truck and will be selling off the old gasser cab and chassis.

Don’t you already have a fire truck?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Don’t you already have a fire truck?
    Yes lol. But it’s older and has the seats behind the cab. So cab won’t work with my box without major modifications.

This potential one is a mid 2000’s.

Yeah…but…who would have the coolest delivery truck in town with a fire engine setup?
    -Don____________

Fire trucks are maintained beyond normal thinking. I've known guys who serviced them and it could be a sweet purchase.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works