Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School me on LS motors.

People online love to assign a $0 dollar value to their labour when claiming what it takes to do a swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Numbers and timelines. It's easy to claim you did the swap in a weekend when off camera you test fit all the parts 2x and took it back apart for filming, ordered the hoses and fittings you realized weren't included or correct, had a crew member on standby to make part store runs and also have the magic of editing.
    Or shows with sponsors who make sure you have all the parts cheap.

Been doing more reading and I think that the LS is the way we want to go but man there are a ridiculous amount of options.

I found a place on line that does lots to swap an LS into out truck. They will sell you parts separate prefer if you just buy their turn key kit. Includes rebuked 5.3 and a trans. Plus’s all the stuff to put it in. From fuel pump to radiator. Install and ad 12volts.

$17000.

Talked to a couple local wreckers and they don’t sell a package. Say I want a 5.3. With the harness and computer and the trans. Sorry we can sell you they parts separate but they won’t come out of the same truck. Also what year of truck. What vin code ect ect ect

Other option is guys on marketplace selling taken out packages. Motor trans, computer and harnesses . All out of one truck.

Prices aren’t bad. But they are all 250k km plus.

More research to do.

Cleveland power and performance will sell you a low mile 6.2 next gen LT1 running on a pallet with a transmission for 17k. Much better performer than a 5.3 truck motor at that price but still big dollar.

Personally instead of buying a take out motor that you can't hear running what I would do is go to the industrial auctions, buy an ex plumbing/hvac'r Express Van with similar miles for 3-4k and pull it all outta there. Scrap the body and spend some money doing a reseal/re-ring at home and toss some upgrades in there like a mild cam, upgraded valvetrain, and do your consumables like water pump and the like. Probably end up being 7-8k all said and done but you'll have more or less everything but mounts, cooling system and integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

You should definitely look here for a drive train. They sell all these motors complete ready to run. They call them run pallets. Take a short drive to Georgia.... ok maybe not short but worth it imo.

https://thepartsfarm.com/collections/drivetrains

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Cleveland power and performance will sell you a low mile 6.2 next gen LT1 running on a pallet with a transmission for 17k. Much better performer than a 5.3 truck motor at that price but still big dollar.

Personally instead of buying a take out motor that you can't hear running what I would do is go to the industrial auctions, buy an ex plumbing/hvac'r Express Van with similar miles for 3-4k and pull it all outta there. Scrap the body and spend some money doing a reseal/re-ring at home and toss some upgrades in there like a mild cam, upgraded valvetrain, and do your consumables like water pump and the like. Probably end up being 7-8k all said and done but you'll have more or less everything but mounts, cooling system and integration.
    Yes was thinking of looking that way.

Or just long block. 3-4K and then pick up a cheap blown pull out for the oil pan, intake, accessories. Ect.

Several guys in Ontario doing drop outs with stock harness trimmed down to a power and ground hook up to make it run.

Found a guy that does pull outs like Rick said.

Scored a 6.2 out of an Escalade. Go Monday to hear it run and put a deposit before he pulls it.

So much for fuel economy. Lol