Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 1971 Mach 1 steering box support

1971 Mach 1 steering box support

Good day everyone,
    This is my first day and post on your forum. I am located on the west coast and I am doing some research for my custom car shop. We are looking for the piece of metal that supports the steering box assembly in a 1971 Mach 1. The area where the bolts go has rusted and they have cut out a piece of metal the size of a kleenex box. So we are looking for the section or piece or whatever is available from a used wrecker shop somewhere in North America. Ford changed the size and length of this piece after 1970,
    so the earlier years don't match the 1971. If anyone in the forum knows of a parts depot or wrecker in your area that has an old 1971 frame or body, your help would be much appreciated. I apologize for not knowing the terms of the parts, trying to learn as I go. thank you ! Elaine

Unless your going to make out of pieces of plate sectioned together, this is a perfect solution.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn...SABEgKWx_D_BwE

Thanks ZR. I showed the information to the mechanic. He is aware of the part and CJ Pony. He said this will be a last resort if he is unable to find a smaller section.

I really appreciate your time and help
    with this.

thanks again,
    Elaine