Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: car ran fine made a stop now I got nothing

7up-5.0
    I tried the cables from the neg to a good spot on the motor to bypass the ground with the head lights on nothing tried positive to positive side on solioned. Nothing put a new ign switch in the column nothing so I put a new solinend in turned the head lights on turned the to on position got power inside car and head lights when I tried starting the car heard a pop from under the hood and everything went dead again. I have check all of the fuses and looked at the wires they all look good I check my fuse able links to I had problems in the spring with them. Everything looks tight and no bad smells from under the hood at any point. At this point I know it's going to be some stupid thing I'm just not seeing but I just don't know enough about the electrical side of these thing. Got a few more ideas then it's of to a garage. Zr( rick) I will give you a call maybe if you got some time ill get it brought to you. I'll give you call maybe we can work something out if you got time. Ty fir all the idea guys really appreciate it.kevin

Weird question but is the ground to the starter all good and is the starter tight in location? Sounds like it may be loose and when you click it over it jumps out and grounds out.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

^Something is definitely wrong with the connections, you need to go through and take a good look at all the main cables in this car. The loud noise likely had a spark along with it, you prolly just didn't see it.

7up-5.0
    Want to start of by sending out a big ty to r- model for introducing me to Paul the guy knows foxs and got mine up and running in about a hour turns out it was some connections that need to be cleaned an d fixed. She is up and running strong got a few more things to fix but good to go. So ty all for the ideas and help.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by 7up-5.0 View Post
    Want to start of by sending out a big ty to r- model for introducing me to Paul the guy knows foxs and got mine up and running in about a hour turns out it was some connections that need to be cleaned an d fixed. She is up and running strong got a few more things to fix but good to go. So ty all for the ideas and help.
    Which Paul?