Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Battery Relocation

Fuse set up that is quick and easy to mount right at the battery itself.

Princess auto in hamilton sells welding cable and ends up to 2/0 I think, I used to buy wire there when I was into car audio, that and a nice plastic box and you could do your own kit pretty easy.
    I would run a fuse under the hood and at the battery, the under hood one is to protect the wire so if it shorts at one end it doesnt melt and catch the car on fire
    I personally will be going the Braille route when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Fuse set up that is quick and easy to mount right at the battery itself.

That looks like a pretty neat fuse arrangement. When I did mine I mounted fuses on the battery case. 200 amp fuse with 1 gauge welding cable to the positive distribution point in the passenger fender well and a 150 amp fuse with 4 gauge welding cable direct to the alternator.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Looks slick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Looks slick.
    yep...that aint no bungee cord kinda deal

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    any thoughts on running the cable from trunk to starter in the interior rather than external under the car?
    That's how I did mine. These pictures are from my Air Lift line install but they show the battery cable routing. In my case the battery relocation was not about weight reduction as I wanted to put a Moroso coolant tank for the HE in the OEM battery location.
    I ran two 1 gauge cables (positive and ground) from the trunk through the cabin passenger side and one 4 gauge positive cable to the starter.

Under rear seat.

Passenger rocker panel.

Pass through to the fender well.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

I'm at the other end of the spectrum as Scott on that one, prefer to see them routed under the car + don't run a ground cable front to rear.

tulowd
    Have always seen cables run inside passenger compartment. Never seen them run outside/underneath - either OEM or aftermarket. The cables need to be protected, especially if its welding cable with the softer rubber jacket. If routed underneath, needs to be protected from the elements as well as heat, snagging, etc.

Ground should be short, have never run one from front to back, but have used dual ground wires on engine as well as from battery to chassis. When in doubt, make the ground and power feed cables bigger, lol.

When in doubt make it bigger, surprised to see you say that Paul.

Personally, if I'm going to have a battery cable running front to back, last thing I want is it close to me in the event of a situation where it could become damaged / chaffed enough to cause a fire but no so much that it's big amp fuse is gonna blow (or cable burn off). Very well protected when tied / strapped to the side of a SFC or similar.
    Comes down to what you consider a hazzard + your own comfort level.