Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  47
Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Track Day Chit Chat

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    It's funny how quick some of those corners sneak up on you. I was carrying too much speed into 12? and started to slide. I chickened out and just tapped the brakes ever so lightly. That little tap was enough to spin me around. Next lap I was still carrying too much speed into the same corner and this time I didn't brake and just kind of had a four wheel slide going and fish tailed with no spin. Thrid time was a charm...I just slowed down lol. Slow learner but lesson learnt. Correct your speed and finish all the braking before the turn. Balance and go. More seat time and some extra coaching would help. The R/C is a blast. Can't wait.
    dude it wasnt the speed.... it was the extra weight it the passenger seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    1st gen Camaro with round wheel openings and no vent windows = 1968 ...

cheers
    Ed
    And possibly a clone SS...it has the RS grille in it. Or the ever elusive RS/SS.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

99chromegt
    Quote Originally Posted by F150screw View Post
    dude it wasnt the speed.... it was the extra weight it the passenger seat lol
    Now that I think about it..... maybe you pulled the e brake lol

Finally that damn cloud moved!!
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    It's funny how quick some of those corners sneak up on you. I was carrying too much speed into 12? and started to slide. I chickened out and just tapped the brakes ever so lightly. That little tap was enough to spin me around. Next lap I was still carrying too much speed into the same corner and this time I didn't brake and just kind of had a four wheel slide going and fish tailed with no spin. Thrid time was a charm...I just slowed down lol. Slow learner but lesson learnt. Correct your speed and finish all the braking before the turn. Balance and go. More seat time and some extra coaching would help. The R/C is a blast. Can't wait.
    You can brake in to a corner to help turn-in and rotation once you've practiced it, but typically not a tap when you're already in there. That just upsets the balance of the car as you found out, especially if you're carrying too much speed, and the car is already thinking about rotating on you.

It's all about physics and weight transfer. Imagine that your car is balanced on a point where the weight is centered, and everything that you do with the brakes, throttle, and steering will tip it from that point. I sometimes used to do this on purpose with left foot braking after turn-in with my 95 SHO on a tight circuit like TMP or Mosport DDT, to get some weight transfer on the nose to help the rotation.

With Mustangs, that don't turn or stop very well, as you've discovered it's best to get your braking all done in a straight line, maybe even a bit more than you think you need to. If you don't have quite enough speed going in, it's always easy to add more with the available power on tap. Mustangs do one thing well ... accelerate. So adjust your driving style to take advantage of that!

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

99chromegt
    ^^ thank you for the feedback!

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Mustangs do one thing well ... accelerate.
    There's the new Sig.

Thanks Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    There's the new Sig.
    -Don____________

With Mustangs, that don't turn or stop very well, as you've discovered it's best to get your braking all done in a straight line, maybe even a bit more than you think you need to. If you don't have quite enough speed going in, it's always easy to add more with the available power on tap. Mustangs do one thing well ... accelerate. So adjust your driving style to take advantage of that!

True dat, thanks Ed.