Quote Originally Posted by SteveEH View Post
Well said Tulowd, Most housings that can use a retrofit can dissipate heat pretty good, that is why most headlights have vents on them, to allow heat and moisture out, and not let anything in. I do also agree that most OEM systems to fail when it comes to lighting output, but once tuned, can be very good, some of the best projectors come on some higher end cars, but not all higher end cars have good projectors, just a few.

Harbringer, the fog lights are projected so they create a cutoff, while they are not as sharp as a HID Retrofit, they still blind less then regular fog lights, I loved them for the amount of times I actually used them. The best way to optimize HID bulbs is to project them down the road using a HID projector, instead of trying to come up with solutions to optimize them in Halogen/Reflector housings. There are some headlights out there that can project HID bulbs using a reflector housing, but still glare, just not as bad as PnP kits, for example, the ones often seen on the 05-09 GT/CS, Bullitt, Saleen, and GT500s use a reflector based HID system.
Quote Originally Posted by SteveEH View Post
Well said Tulowd, Most housings that can use a retrofit can dissipate heat pretty good, that is why most headlights have vents on them, to allow heat and moisture out, and not let anything in. I do also agree that most OEM systems to fail when it comes to lighting output, but once tuned, can be very good, some of the best projectors come on some higher end cars, but not all higher end cars have good projectors, just a few.

Harbringer, the fog lights are projected so they create a cutoff, while they are not as sharp as a HID Retrofit, they still blind less then regular fog lights, I loved them for the amount of times I actually used them. The best way to optimize HID bulbs is to project them down the road using a HID projector, instead of trying to come up with solutions to optimize them in Halogen/Reflector housings. There are some headlights out there that can project HID bulbs using a reflector housing, but still glare, just not as bad as PnP kits, for example, the ones often seen on the 05-09 GT/CS, Bullitt, Saleen, and GT500s use a reflector based HID system.
What about these?