Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Basic car care stuff-black DD/family hauler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Foam guns (cannons) have their pros and cons. I recently had a client ask me about this and said that his foam cannon wasn't doing a good job in foaming up. He had a power washer setup and a Amazon $20 deal. Soap wise he was using Meguiars Gold class soap. That being said the first issue is the soap mix is the most critical. Meguiars Gold Class is not an ideal soap for foam guns period. Lots of other brands out there that are designed to do this but that is another topic. My recommendation is a simple two bucket wash takes precedence over a foam gun unless your car is extremely dirty (Read: trail dirt, mud etc...) or you have intentions of stripping wax off the paint (Which is what I use a foam gun for). The process of foaming your car is for a pre soak process only and cannot be substituted for a wash.

<u>

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Foam guns (cannons) have their pros and cons. I recently had a client ask me about this and said that his foam cannon wasn't doing a good job in foaming up. He had a power washer setup and a Amazon $20 deal. Soap wise he was using Meguiars Gold class soap. That being said the first issue is the soap mix is the most critical. Meguiars Gold Class is not an ideal soap for foam guns period.
    Interesting your saying that as I experienced and I’ve seen many online discuss how good class does actually foam surprisingly well for a non foam soap. I’m guessing your friend had a low gpm pressure washer and the cheaper foam guns come with a larger orifice for use with gas pressure washers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk