Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting to the 8s...checklist.

Getting to 8s in a fox is a huge deal, the checklist would very, very long and detailed.

Building a 9 second car is no easy task, building an 8 second car is exponentially more difficult. Couple that with streetable and wow you've created a tall order. I know a couple guys with 8 second cars and they spent a small house to get them there and a few nice vacations worth of $$$$$ a year to run them.

I think you are really underestimating the scope of this undertaking.

The benchmark for something like this would be a car like Novi357s

The car is a 1989 notchback with a 351 dart block stroked to 427 cid. Tfs-r heads ported by TEA and an efi spyder. The blower is a procharger F-2. Tuning is accel gen VII. The transmission is a lentech AOD. It has a full interior and a stereo with a 10 inch subwoofer in the trunk. The car weighs in at a 3650 with driver. Runs 8.72 @ 163

Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

LS it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    LS it.
    Means you could measure the cost to get in to the 8's in $$$$$ instead of $$$$$$

Whats the rad doing up there?

Id never put an ls or any sbc in a fox...its a sin against the baby jesus. Bb chevy is fine simply because the BB fords dont seem terribly popular and the cost is probably exponentially more. Sbc is pointless when theres SOOOOO much aftermarket for the 5.0L and 5.8......and then theres the fact that its a chevy....no thanks.

I think ill shoot for high to mid 10s with this car and see how that goes. As i said before, ive only driven 11.5...mind you that was squirlly as hell and in a pick up truck but it was plenty fast. Big trap speed doesnt bother me as much as the first 60-90 feet when youre already doing 60 mph and the car starts to wipe her feet a little....then things get interesting.

My suggestion would be to not worry about running a certain number ... instead, figure out a realistic budget, then pick the best parts possible within your spending limit. As others have said, to get a SBF based engine to push a street weight Fox in to the 8s takes some serious jam. Making it streetable is a whole different deal, running it through a stick complicates matters further.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Bksrt8 View Post
    Whats the rad doing up there?

Id never put an ls or any sbc in a fox...its a sin against the baby jesus. Bb chevy is fine simply because the BB fords dont seem terribly popular and the cost is probably exponentially more. Sbc is pointless when theres SOOOOO much aftermarket for the 5.0L and 5.8......and then theres the fact that its a chevy....no thanks.

I think ill shoot for high to mid 10s with this car and see how that goes. As i said before, ive only driven 11.5...mind you that was squirlly as hell and in a pick up truck but it was plenty fast. Big trap speed doesnt bother me as much as the first 60-90 feet when youre already doing 60 mph and the car starts to wipe her feet a little....then things get interesting.
    I knew a guy running a fox notch, the fastest in our area iirc, ran very low 8s.....one run I saw he had ALL 4 tires off the ground, car was race only, fully prepped, so yea, could be a bit squirrely, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I knew a guy running a fox notch, the fastest in our area iirc, ran very low 8s.....one run I saw he had ALL 4 tires off the ground, car was race only, fully prepped, so yea, could be a bit squirrely, lol.
    I thought Randy went 7s in his, but ya I recall the 4 wheelie you reference. That speed is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I thought Randy went 7s in his, but ya I recall the 4 wheelie you reference. That speed is no joke.
    Not sure who Randy is, I was talking about Andrew, car was burgundy, and I forget the combo it had. He bent one of the wheelie bars on that, but luckily he saved it and made it back to the pits....ran a high 8 I believe and lost that race because of it.
    Is Randy the copper one with Chevy power?