Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,513

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

I've got an extra ticket to see the headstones this Saturday at the Phoenix. If anyone is interested PM me.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/fo...145800004.html

Transmission Flawed

DETROIT – They knew the truth and kept quiet.

Their secret wasn’t a secret at all in engineering, product development, research, design or manufacturing within Ford Motor Co., say seven current and former employees who worked to develop and launch the Fiesta and Focus cars that would become known for defective automatic transmissions.

“My hands are dirty. I feel horrible,” said an engineer who played a key role in developing the popular compact cars.

“You think of the gentleman who stood up for the space shuttle Challenger, saying if they launched that with the ice on it that it’s going to blow up. Well, these kinds of really horrific technical errors seemed to pass right through at Ford on this project,” the engineer said.

Asked whether the company ignored early warnings from its experts, Ford said the "vehicles were safe when they were introduced after rigorous testing during development, and remain so today after more than a decade on the road and billions of miles accumulated by customers around the globe."

More: Ford knew Focus, Fiesta models had flawed transmission, sold them anyway

The engineer said: “We’d raise our hands and be told, ‘Don’t be naysayers.’ We got strange comments. It seemed the ship had sailed. After that, if you ask questions, you’re accused of mutiny, so you put your head down and make it work. Good people tried to make it work. But you can’t violate the laws of physics. It’s a mechanical catastrophe.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Ontario's S.P.I.F. regulations are killing me because I have a 2001 truck. Gonna put a lot of smaller trucking companies in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Ontario's S.P.I.F. regulations are killing me because I have a 2001 truck. Gonna put a lot of smaller trucking companies in trouble.
    SPIF can fuck right the hell off. Hey you know that L9 with the 3406 that's literally never given you trouble, please ditch that for this new ISL powered POS that's constantly stuck in derate. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

What have they done?

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulati...1575589955#BK6

Most of the grandfathering to be compliant with these regulations ends Dec 30 next year. So if your 2011 or older truck isn't within the guidelines, congrats you fucked.

So you've worked your balls off to keep your then compliant truck in good shape and on the road but rules changed long before it was time to replace..............ya, sounds like something our bumbling azzhats would do.
    Fawk!!!

My understanding is that they say you can extend the operating permits for pre-SPIF trucks up till the end of the vehicles "life-cycle" which they deem to be 15 years of age. Which is a crock of shit if you look at the amount of pre-90s iron that well maintained still makes a living for people. Also SPIF regulations drop the weight allowances down which is a whole other set of issues.

SPIF is the government regulations mentioned above. The L9 was the Ford L9000 dump with the Caterpillar 3406 motor that was a super bulletproof workhorse. The ISL is the name of the Cummins powerplant in the new Freightliner SD122 dump that replaced the Ford to meet the new regulations and has been a nightmare with problems and downtime to fix.

I forgot all about this - it's been quiet for a while. I had a quick look at the link Laffs provided but it's too late for my brain at this time to read and comprehend the jargon. I assuming you need to reconfigure your axles and maybe add a steer axle, or buy new vehicles? For most of the last twenty years it has been my belief the gov wants all trucks off the road (those are just my beliefs) - Where I live there was a planned mega quarry for gravel. It was going to begin with trucking to the USA but ultimately most of the freight would end up on a future planned rail road...I also think (and this is only my opinion) they want to narrow trucking down to a handful of large companies much like it was before deregulation. I like many am a self employed one person business and I think the gov would like to see all small business's like myself disappear (again that's my own belief) I feel for you after being in the industry for so long myself. At one time I had great passion for the industry that has all dried up and gone...best of luck.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works