Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  82
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Don Cherry relieved of duties at Sportsnet/HNIC

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Yep context. Like the full version of what he said.

People in cities don’t wear poppies. You people enjoy the benefits of the freedoms paid for by our veterans. The least you can do is buy a poppy.
    You left out part of the "full" version which is where the context comes from.

1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    You left out part of the "full" version which is where the context comes from.
    well I was paraphrasing in an effort to point out the context that the entire media is ignoring of saying you people referring to people in cities.

using the full contest as Armen posted please explain in depth how he meant, beyond a shadow of a doubt, immigrants.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 11-17-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    well I was paraphrasing in an effort to point out the context that the entire media is ignoring of saying you people referring to people in cities.

using the full contest as Armen posted please explain in depth how he meant, beyond a shadow of a doubt, immigrants.
    All that matters is what his bosses think he said and it appears they have a problem with this part although I'm sure you know that because paraphrasing it out leaves out the context that his bosses thought was problematic: "you people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey"

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    mind reading. How exactly do you know what he was thinking. Do you have a degree in tarot card reading?

Ron is bowing to this BS, shameful way to treat a guy who made his career. Didn't Don campaign to have Ron retained when it looked like he wasn't going to be rehired.
    Doesn't matter what I know - like I said, his bosses appear to know what he said/was thinking and they made the decision.

I assume you guys are regular/loyal HNIC viewers?

All that matters is what his bosses think he said and it appears they have a problem with this part although I'm sure you know that because paraphrasing it out leaves out the context that his bosses thought was problematic: "you people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey"
    And what is problematic about that?

In contexts. You people that come here or what ever it is. Equals you people that come to these cities. Because, in context, that’s what he was talking about.

You love our way of life you love out milk and honey.

Referring to the way of life and the benefits being Canadian and in Canada. Paid for by the sacrifice made by vets.

So in context. How is that offensive?

To me this is a conversation we should be having “we as in all Canadians”
    If we are going to allow it to take a guys lively hood. It should be an open two sided conversation in stead in typical fashion it’s been a “he’s racist’ anyone how defends him is racist. And all of hockey and as a link Canada is racist.

I thought we were all immigrants.

Club Supporter
    He met with his bosses and a decision was made on both sides - no mind reading there.

He met with his bosses and a decision was made on both sides - no mind reading there.
    I don’t think the decision was made by his bosses. But more by the mob of justice Warriors.

Should that not warrant a conversation and question of motives? Should we not be able to question when someone gets fired for questionable reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    You should go to a Sabres game and see how the stadium security treats people. You are a GUEST inside the venue. I saw a French Canadian guy get arrested when the Habs won for gloating. it was likely because he was French and nothing else, but it's not a democracy in a such a venue.

In the U.S. sometimes a few signs are the starting of a race riot and I think that's where the police are coming from.......experience.
    As a "paying guest" at a venue, do you not still have some rights? Holding a sign that says you support a person or team so long as it is not demeaning or derogatory isn't breaking the law (or venue rules) the last time I looked. This was a pure case of BS on the part of security. The follow up proved that no rule was broken by the "paying guest" as the sign size was within the parameters posted on their website. He should have demanded and received a full refund of his ticket for this BS treatment. The slope gets more slippery each day.
    The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.

Leonardo da Vinci