Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet bought a new truck

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    They all do lol but I can live with manifold studs if I don't have to rebuild the entire engine at 235000
    235k ain’t bad for one of those, I’ve seen them with the tick with much less km, and one customer of ours had a Harley truck do it while still under warranty.......denied warranty of course because “didn’t use Ford oil filters”, lol, that customer has a fleet of Rams now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4GOTNPNY View Post
    they really do! it pulls like a dream didnt even know the car was behind me at first i love it i dont think i will buy another ford ever again and i love ford.
    For real that much better ?

I think so the trailer almost floats with the suspension no leafs in the back of the truck plus the extra power pulls better from why I noticed. But I was also pulling with the 22" Harley wheels which I'm sure didn't make the ride of the ford any good

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    235k ain’t bad for one of those, I’ve seen them with the tick with much less km, and one customer of ours had a Harley truck do it while still under warranty.......denied warranty of course because “didn’t use Ford oil filters”, lol, that customer has a fleet of Rams now.
    Because of a oil filter? No freakin way... I would have lost my shit!!!
    '88 LX

Yup, I was surprised as well, a few years later I was talking to a guy who used to be a service advisor at Ford, and he said the same thing, they deny warranty because the “wrong” filter was used.......which I thought was totally mental. He said he would see tons of those engines with “the tick” and he dreaded it because Ford would deny warranty over anything they could. They seem to be hit and miss though, seen many that run a lot of kms, although usually in cars, not sure if the truck engines are different, I thought they were the same.

No hemi tick here... wonder if the Amsoil helped with that the first 50k kms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Not Hemi tick, Ford 3v tick. Hemis are fairly stout engines, I’ve seen lifters go bad on a couple, but it’s not common at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Not Hemi tick, Ford 3v tick. Hemis are fairly stout engines, I’ve seen lifters go bad on a couple, but it’s not common at all.
    i have read about the lifter issues not common at all but you ask anyone they say its a big issue. i personally think if your dont change the oil regularly then it might cause an issue or use cheap oil. so far i have had the truck 6 months put a lot of km on her and have nothing but good things to say i love it cant wait for nicer weather get her detailed and enjoy some racing events with the car if budget allows lol i thought being a die hard ford guy owning a ram would kill me a little inside, but nope not one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Congrats on the new ride, love to see pics. Depending on the amount of wt you'll be carrying, several different air bag options out there.

For serious loads these guys have the ultimate kit.
    https://timbergroveenterprises.com/old-home/

For occasional towing n needs some help, went with this on my own, had their stuff on my last two trucks.
    https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60818/
    hey Rick do you have the compressor in yours? i want to upgrade to an enclosed trailer over the next few years, i think option 2 may be the better option for me to pull the car and possibly small atv or golfcart with the car thinking of a 24 ft but im trying to work out a deal with a friend of a friend with a 28 with awning and propane hook up for bbq and heat but that might be overkill for my truck

No compressor on mine, used your option two and opted for dual fill ports so I could level the truck if I needed to move an offset load in the box. It will be my third truck with air bags, just give you so much flexibility and don't cost much .