Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

I love my ram, my monthly fuel average is at 12.2/100 but lots of city driving this week, average since I bought the truck is 11.3/100. My truck is super quiet inside. I have the large tank and the 3.21 rear gears. I can get between 850-900km's per tank on average.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

This is with 35,000km since reset, this Includes 10,419km towing (second pic), including pulling my Brother's Mustang from here to Edmonton and back with the Empty trailer and probably 85%-90% in town driving

IMG_6528_CC.jpg

20171103_114206_trailer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Thinking some feeling stock tires are worse vs what they really are is because unlike GM, they are not aggressive in their off the line torque management. Add to that the Hemi makes big torque down low, easy to mistake poor tires for poor right foot control. I was a bit surprised Limited slip / posi is not a super common option in Ram trucks.
    My thoughts as well, GM/Ford V8s don't make the low-end torque a Hemi does. Of course, I'm not saying the stock Goodyears are a great tire, but overall they seem pretty good from what I've seen, quiet too. I really liked when we had a Hemi ram for a loaner, I would take it to Toronto for training whenever I has the chance, amazing ride, super comfy and it was loaded, the options are great.

To the O.P., I believe the warranty for rotors warping/noisy brakes is 1 year/20km, seems too late for that now, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    This is with 35,000km since reset, this Includes 10,419km towing (second pic), including pulling my Brother's Mustang from here to Edmonton and back with the Empty trailer and probably 85%-90% in town driving

IMG_6528_CC.jpg

20171103_114206_trailer.jpg

Forgot to mention, 25,000 or so of those km's where in manual mode so the cylinder deactivation was well...deactivated LOL now that I have it activated it surprisingly does made a significant difference

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Not sure how some of you guys are getting such good gas mileage out of your trucks, my average is about 14.6L/100.
    Over the weekend I drove it really easy and the best I could do is 13.4, this was mostly HWY driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Only thinks I hate about my Ram are the goddamn sunroof rattles no one can seem to fix, the hot garbage stock tires that come on it, and the fact the leather quality is ehhhhh and my 16 seats with 18k kms on them are already showing more wear than I'd like at this point.

When I was test driving trucks I hated the ride of the aluminum F-series trucks, loved how smooth the Ram 1500 was, is your concerns related to the leveling kit perhaps? I know a lot of people with the 13+ trucks are saying they get a lot more firm once you put a spacer puck in them. I have bilsteins on my workbench to go in the new truck but am honestly considering going full retard and ordering an 18 Power Wagon in White.
    I installed the leveling kit the same week I bought the truck so maybe it is something to do with the leveling kit.
    To be fair I was comparing the 17 Ram to my 13 F150 non aluminum body, and in my opinion Ford did a really good job with those trucks both on fit finish and ride quality.
    I haven't tried the new F150's with the aluminum body so I don't know how they ride, but my neighbor just traded his older F150 for a 2017 F150 and he is very happy with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    Not sure how some of you guys are getting such good gas mileage out of your trucks, my average is about 14.6L/100.
    Over the weekend I drove it really easy and the best I could do is 13.4, this was mostly HWY driving.

Do you drive with the cylinder deactivation off? Cause this will make a difference

I used to think, meh, I doubt it even does anything, or would make it even worse on fuel only using 4 cylinders or 6 or however many it cuts out, but when I started using it, it dropped my L/100 down almost an full point

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Do you drive with the cylinder deactivation off? Cause this will make a difference

I used to think, meh, I doubt it even does anything, or would make it even worse on fuel only using 4 cylinders or 6 or however many it cuts out, but when I started using it, it dropped my L/100 down almost an full point
    Leveling kits and even moderately oversized or more aggressive tires CRUSH your MPG. Leveling kit alone on my 07 Ram knocked off 1-2mpg highway mpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^Lower it. Better fuel mileage, looks, handling, plus you can get into it easier.

Rake on my GM, to me, looked Ronny Redneck, current Ram is close enough for my liking as is. Besides, as mentioned previously, felt ride of the Bilstein leveling shocks had deteriorated significantly (run at max lift) n had I kept the Sierra would have been taking them back out.