Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  728

Thread: Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future.

The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?
    No vaccine is 100% effective. They are saying that the covid vaccine is about 95% effective. So that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease. If the vaccine is effective for a person, that person can still spread it to others.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-why-1.5259495
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

95% efficacy is outstanding.
    Most flu vaccines are around 40%-60%

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease.
    You’d have to catch it from an anti-vaxer, because the rest of us 95 percenters wouldn’t have the virus.
    -Don____________