Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  217
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Official Watch Enthusiasts Thread!

Club Supporter

haha... pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Heuers and Air Cooled Porsches. Yeaaaaaa that's the stuff there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

And I thought it was always about the watch. Thanks Porsche, I will remember you when I can afford you.

Club Supporter
    Corolla vs any Lexus....or vs Mustang R? Both will get you to the grocery.

Horology isn't limited to 6 figure sums. Some of the coolest pieces can be had for $1500 or less. Would you rather have 10 $50 throwaway when the batteries dead Timex's in your life or one $500 Seiko Turtle (Prospex SRPE93) that will last you a lifetime and be an treasured heirloom for a future generation.

Beauty of this hobby isn't to buy the most expensive piece and just flex, but to wear a mechanical item on your wrist engineered with precision that keeps time and also can be a reflection of your personality and passion. Sort of like how in this car hobby of ours there's people who buy a bright orange lambo just to rev battle in a walmart parking lot but can't tell you where the hood release is, and there's people who have lovingly restored a 1985 5.0 Capri but in the style of an ASC McLaren tribute. I know which one I'd want to talk to at parties from seeing that point alone, just like if someones wearing a rose gold Richard Mille skeleton vs the guy wearing a Autavia Jo Siffert.

Club Supporter
    Missed out on the Tissot Chronograph back in March but these two are catching my eye and trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one....but which one. Went to Sherway Gardens today but they didn't have the IWC in the store unfortunately - it's a 45mm but it seems the IWC sizes "wear larger" than other brands I'm familiar with.

Zenith-Skyline-Bracelet-Wrist-Shot-a.jpg

vs.

DrC-CxqWkAAZd7z.jpg

IWC wins hands down for me. Zenith has a good history but that one screams knock-off Audemars/modded G-Shock to me.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    IWC wins hands down for me. Zenith has a good history but that one screams knock-off Audemars/modded G-Shock to me.
    Yeah, you're right about the Zenith looking too much like AP - was looking at it because I don't have a sport watch (mostly leather strapped watches) and the IWC comes with leather strap although the Milanese in the photo looks good. IWC is an 8-day manual wind IWC movement and Zenith is an El Primero automatic movement, although the IWC is on the pricey side for a manual wind movement.