Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  135
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Cannabis Store

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    The full on consolidation will occur once the over 400 LPs in the licensing que come on line. The larger LPs will feel some pressure and will want to buy out the competition. Also we are now seeing beverage companies wanting in. I feel some pharmaceuticals will want to buy in to off set possible reduction in opiate sales.

Once mine is fully up and running, I am hoping for a buy out offer. I’m too old to operate this for more than 5 years.
    The "smoking" part of this will be dwarfed by the pharma/oils/edibles once the legislation and/or research>market activities catch up over the next couple years.

I'm sure the mailman is fully trained in spotting a fake ID.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
    So you're not worried about kids ordering firearms? CP has firearms shipping to your front door as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    The "smoking" part of this will be dwarfed by the pharma/oils/edibles once the legislation and/or research>market activities catch up over the next couple years.
    Agreed.

I know several people already giving low THC oils to their pets. One in particular has given it a dog with hip displacia (sp). Before the dog could hardly climb stairs, now it’s running around like a puppy.

No a cure all but can help.

Club Supporter
    Agreed.

I know several people already giving low THC oils to their pets. One in particular has given it a dog with hip displacia (sp). Before the dog could hardly climb stairs, now it’s running around like a puppy.

No a cure all but can help.
    And the potential harm should be less than that peddled for years by Purdue et al with their opioids.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Sarcasm? Or giving Post Office workers some credit?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Sarcasm? Or giving Post Office workers some credit?
    Sarcasm..

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    So you're not worried about kids ordering firearms? CP has firearms shipping to your front door as well.
    Different thread. Not going to bite.

There is a huge shortage looming, which the government has been aware of.

Each licensed producer (LP) is required to report to Health Canada various aspects of their operations. One is how much dried cannabis does the LP have in inventory. As of June 30, 2018, the last reporting period, there were collectively 40,000 kg of dried inventory, that equates to 40,000,000 grams. Sounds like a lot until you realize Health Canada has estimated the daily demand will be 10,000,000 grams. That’s 4 and 1/2 days of sales. We all know how well governments predict events, so I feel the demand will be higher. One reason for high demand is there is a potion of the population that wants to try it, but will not do anything illegal. Yes demand will level off and so will production, but it does take 90 days for the plant to mature. Also there is a lot of export of the product to Europe. In Germany the price of a gram retail can be as high as $80 CDN. Why wouldn’t an LP export ..... a lot more money.

We will see. If you want to predict what might happen look back at the end of prohibition. The timeline is very similar. The first step was medicinal alcohol, the full legalization, then consolidation of producers. The last one hasn’t occurred yet but it will.

This survey result seems to paint a different picture when it comes to Canadian demand, including edibles...when they become available.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/poll-find...abis-1.4138476

I think you have to look at the numbers.

With about 33,000,000 population, if 71% are negative, that means 29% are positive. 29% of 33,000,000 is about 9,570,000. Of course some are under age...say 50% which gives us 4,785,000. The expect usage is 2to 3 grams a day. Using the lower amount that means about 9,570,000 grams per day. Pretty close I would say.