Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

Hard to imagine they even offer that gear in anything beyond a 2wd half ton. Buddy ran into same issue in his previous Sierra when he assumed tow package meant rear end gear to match. Based on how well my 2011 Sierra (342) would out tow vs my '03 with 373's, it's not always about the ratio but instead how much low / mid torque your engine makes. My current Ram with 321 will out tow the '11 by a substantial margin while using dramatically less fuel. Doesn't make my previous truck a dud, just new one does what I need better.

I hear ya. I'm just going by the difference between my 13 with 5.3 and my 16 with 5.3, both had the 6spd.
    Very close to the same truck only difference was gear.
    Don't get me wrong it's great with the trailer in town, and it's incredible with out the trailer.
    But the trailer over 90km hr is like a big ass parachute. The trailer is a tandem axle 14' 7wide 7tall weighing in at 5000lbs average day.
    My average in overall ownership is very close to my 2013. Better when not towing but pretty crappy when you have to tow distance.

That is a good chunk of wt that only feels heavier because of the big frontal area n drag.

Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
    Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    A friend just bought anew Ram and is looking for box cover options. Is there a car or rv show coming up where a bunch of venders will be showing their wares?
    What kind of box cover? Hard, soft, trifold, cap, roll up?
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
    Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.
    No issues here yet, but had problems with front sensors giving warning during cold weather....and nothing was in the way.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    No issues here yet, but had problems with front sensors giving warning during cold weather....and nothing was in the way.
    Did it go away?
    '88 LX

Oddly enough, it was only fronts on mine as well, requires well over spec to see the light go out. Even odder, rears are both well below the fronts but no flashing light on them...............strange.

my pressure sensor came on a little while back...

20170903_183133_resized.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

It was only flat on the bottom though Dave.