Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Detailing Vinyl Stripes

Detailing Vinyl Stripes

Just wondering how the racing stripes on my 08 Shelby should be detailed. I have a dual action polisher and wondered if I can polish them with it as I do the hood, roof and trunk or do you need to treat them separately by hand?

Good question, but I have no answer. Hopefully Scrape will see this and offer his advise.

I've polished them, you just need to be less aggressive and keep temps lower
    I'd recommend taping off edges to prevent lifting

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Taping may not be necessary however if it makes you more comfortable I would tape off 1/8” just to be safe. Again, depending on the condition of the stripe I would definitely advise to be very gentle with using a DA polisher on it. Set the polisher on a medium speed and use a white pad with a compound/polish combo such as 3D One. Remove the tape and do the edges by hand with a microfiber towel. Step back and enjoy.

I tried this product recently and was quite amazed how well it works. Test the product in an area unseen before using. Trust me

Thanks guys. The vinyl is in like new condition, so I'll just take it easy when applying the polish (Menzerna 3500 Super Finish) and seal. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Thanks guys. The vinyl is in like new condition, so I'll just take it easy when applying the polish (Menzerna 3500 Super Finish) and seal. Will let everyone know how it turns out.
    Keep it in good shape cuz I didn’t and I cursed the whole way through the removal lol . My Vista looks rather plain without it but I believe it doesn’t have enough HP to grant it stripes