PDA

View Full Version : Kevin O’Leary for PC leader?

ZR
01-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Kevin O’Leary is expected to announce his bid for Conservative leadership on Wednesday, a source familiar with the campaign said.
“That is the plan so far,” the source told the Globe and Mail.“We need to get selling memberships, raising money and having access to lists. And the longer we wait, the more we restrict our ability to get all that stuff.”
The announcement, expected on Facebook, would come the day after the 13 leadership contenders meet in Quebec City for a French language debate. Mr. O’Leary, an Anglophone who said he is willing to learn French, has been criticized for lacking proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages.
Members of Mr. O’Leary’s exploratory committee, which includes Ontario’s former Progressive Conservative premier Mike Harris, retired Conservative senator Marjory LeBreton, and Conservative strategist and campaign chair Mike Coates, were set to discuss the launch in a conference call on Tuesday evening.
The committee said in a report last week there is a “clear path to victory” if Mr. O’Leary joins the crowded race to replace Stephen Harper in May.

5.4MarkVIII
01-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Well fuck.

I say awesome. But just based on that paragraph I predict already he wont win.
One he don't speak French so they're goes Quebec just on their own self arrogance.
Second most liberal supporters will tell out how horrible and evil Mike Harris is. So if he is on his team you can rule out the chance of swing votes. They will vote against him just on that point.

55 HD
01-17-2017, 10:26 PM
I like some of what I have read from O'Leary's thinking.

But just like Trump he will join the entertainment field as they fuck up good countries with their acting skills looking to build an even bigger name for themselves.

JMO

StAnger
01-17-2017, 11:19 PM
Good for him, but to be honest Kellie Leitch has my vote.

RedSN
01-18-2017, 09:47 AM
"Make Canada Great Again!"

Other than money, what does this guy stand for?
I'm sorry, but if this is the best the Conservative Party has to offer, we're in for a long Liberal reign.

But I guess they figure it happened down south, it could happen here. We currently have Obama in office, maybe Trump will win.

TheMustangShow
01-18-2017, 11:42 AM
"Make Canada Great Again!"

Other than money, what does this guy stand for?
I'm sorry, but if this is the best the Conservative Party has to offer, we're in for a long Liberal reign.

But I guess they figure it happened down south, it could happen here. We currently have Obama in office, maybe Trump will win.

Don't be sorry, there are now 14 Candidates vying for the Conservative Leadership, including Mr. Leary and there are some excellent Candidates in the race.

Kevin O'Leary, without FRENCH though, have a tough time winning. The reality is, and it's a regrettable reality, the barnacle on the HMS CANADA, the perpetual drain on the Canadian Economy, known as Quebec is not leaving Canada anytime soon. A successful Candidate is going to need to win some seats in that Left-Wing Wasteland, look for Maxime Bernier to do well in this leadership race in Quebec, a seasoned former Cabinet Minister, he is well known and connected, he is no Brian Mulroney, but he is popular in Quebec and Quebec Seats, will be needed to purge the Leninists, that currently hold the Majority in Ottawa and are ruining our Country.

O'Leary is already being unfairly framed as "TrumpLITE" by the Domestic Liberal Mainstream Media, which is really absurd, but it is a narrative that will inspire and scare their audience. Watch for an avalanche of US-Style FAKE NEWS about O'Leary.

As for Trudeau being Obamalike, that's a Joke, politically, Obama is closer to Reagan than Trudeau. LOL!
Obama is a far more Moderate, than the Radical Left-Wing Drama Teacher we are enduring right now.
Obama even deported more illegal aliens than W BUSH did, the ALT-LEFT Media did not mention that much though.

I'm really looking forward to this Convention, I do wish Rona Ambrose was in the race, the former Conservative Cabinet Minister from Alberta would have been a proven, formidable foe for our current Prime Minister.

Anyone one who would like to become a registered CONSERVATIVE, instead of a pretend Conservative, you can register here: https://donate.conservative.ca/membership and all members have the right to VOTE for our new Leader.

We all need to do our part to stop the LIBERAL assault on the wallet and Liberty.

tulowd
01-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Signed up.
I would way rather voluntarily send my hard earned money to the PC party than pay more for Hydro, the carbon tax or all the other wasteful and shameless expenditures of the Lieberal Parties of Ontario or Canada.

The audacity of the political and social left in this country is beyond comprehension. Lots of the ideals and ideas are valid, but completely trumped by the lack of respect for the citizens wishes and all the hidden and promoted ill conceived agendas and planning.
Gerald Butts, buddy of Justine, after he helps wreck Ontario, is "promoted" and moved to target a bigger and tastier prize.

Inept governance, and completely delusional in terms of fiscal responsibilities on ALL fronts.

Armen
01-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Anyone one who would like to become a registered CONSERVATIVE, instead of a pretend Conservative...

Oh that JT, with that smooth, soft sale.

Mellow Yellow
01-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Oh boy, Canada's Trump!

Zexhuffer
01-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Not my vote sorry

NickD
01-18-2017, 02:48 PM
I don't know why Ambrose doesn't want to run I could see her actually winning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TheMustangShow
01-18-2017, 03:12 PM
I don't know why Ambrose doesn't want to run I could see her actually winning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

She can't run.

The rules of the Conservative Party preclude an Interim Leader from seeking the permanent Leadership.

RedSN
08-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Weird story involving ex-candidate O'Leary.

https://www.mymuskokanow.com/93769/fatal-lake-joseph-crash-occurred-on-the-way-home-opp/
Local news reports boating accident involving 2 watercraft. (Monday Aug. 26th, 2019)

[Detective Inspector Martin] Graham stated that the two vessels involved were both pleasure craft, with both the Florida man and Markham woman on the same boat. The pair had been passengers on a 13-person vessel that was out for an evening cruise, enjoying the night sky and a fireworks display. The other vessel was smaller, with the operators on the way back to their residence after having gone out for the evening. Graham described it as a “tow boat”, possibly of Mastercraft brand. One of the boats was “definitely moving” according to Graham, but it’s not been determined if they were both in motion when the collision occurred. Two people on the smaller vessel needed to go to the hospital after the crash, but have since been released. The 64 year old man was also a visitor to the Muskoka area, staying at a friends cottage.
...too soon to say whether or not alcohol played a role in the incident, though that question formed part of the investigation.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5824562/kevin-oleary-fatal-boat-crash-lake-joseph/
National news reports Kevin O'Leary involved in fatal boating accident. (Aug 28, 2019)

“On late Saturday night, I was a passenger in a boat that was involved in a tragic collision with another watercraft that had no navigation lights on and then fled the scene,” the Canadian businessman and reality TV star said. “I am fully cooperating with law enforcement in their investigation.”

The first story mentions nothing about the other vessel fleeing the scene?
Anxious to hear what the investigation finds.

Ghost Rider
08-28-2019, 03:01 PM
Weird story involving ex-candidate O'Leary.

https://www.mymuskokanow.com/93769/fatal-lake-joseph-crash-occurred-on-the-way-home-opp/
Local news reports boating accident involving 2 watercraft. (Monday Aug. 26th, 2019)

https://globalnews.ca/news/5824562/kevin-oleary-fatal-boat-crash-lake-joseph/
National news reports Kevin O'Leary involved in fatal boating accident. (Aug 28, 2019)

The first story mentions nothing about the other vessel fleeing the scene?
Anxious to hear what the investigation finds.

who is Graham...so according to him the two people that were killed were on the same boat as O'Leary? But O'Leary says the smaller boat fled and had no lights (which I've read elsewhere too) but says it was his wife that was driving and hit the other boat, she was given breathalyzer but turned up negative? Something is contradicting so far...

Also, speculation that it was "possibly Mastercraft" if it was dark enough to need nav lights and the fact that it was dark enough for fireworks...there's no way he could tell what make it was...maybe should have gave him a breathalyzer?

RedSN
08-28-2019, 03:23 PM
..so according to him the two people that were killed were on the same boat as O'Leary?
Unless the dead people are the one that fled, yes.

Story seems very confusing and conflicting.

Laffs
08-28-2019, 03:27 PM
who is Graham...so according to him the two people that were killed were on the same boat as O'Leary? But O'Leary says the smaller boat fled and had no lights (which I've read elsewhere too) but says it was his wife that was driving and hit the other boat, she was given breathalyzer but turned up negative? Something is contradicting so far...

Also, speculation that it was "possibly Mastercraft" if it was dark enough to need nav lights and the fact that it was dark enough for fireworks...there's no way he could tell what make it was...maybe should have gave him a breathalyzer?

Don't think O'Leary ever state the size or make of the boats involved. Every media story I have read indicated O'Leary was passenger in a smaller vessel that went over the side of a large vessel and struck two occupants. No media story I have read indicates any fleeing of scene, but some have indicated the driver of the boat OLeary was in was tested and cleared of alcohol.

Ghost Rider
08-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Unless the dead people are the ones that fled, yes.

Story seems very confusing and conflicting.

you wouldn't think so...but they way they are saying that it was his wife that was at fault, yet the other boat fled seems odd?

5.4MarkVIII
08-28-2019, 03:59 PM
Graham was the police officer

they say it wasn't clear how many people were on both boats. it said two people from the smaller boat had to attend the hospital it would be possible that people fell out in the crash and yet the driver stayed in and left the scene, or that they left but went to the hospital later.

a tow boat would typically be a small run about like a dingy. and usually don't have lights which would be against the law after dark.

who is at fault would be determined by a lot of factors. size of the smaller boat. direction both are traveling or if one was stationary while the other under power. ect ect.

Ghost Rider
08-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Graham was the police officer

they say it wasn't clear how many people were on both boats. it said two people from the smaller boat had to attend the hospital it would be possible that people fell out in the crash and yet the driver stayed in and left the scene, or that they left but went to the hospital later.

a tow boat would typically be a small run about like a dingy. and usually don't have lights which would be against the law after dark.

who is at fault would be determined by a lot of factors. size of the smaller boat. direction both are traveling or if one was stationary while the other under power. ect ect.

no I think he is meaning a ski/wake boat, that's why he was speculating Mastercraft...

which ideed would be the smaller vessel, they aren't meant to hold 17 passengers...so Laffs is suggesting that him and his wife were on this boat, not the larger one which I don't know...doesn't make much sense, specially since he said the other boat fled...somebody's story isn't adding up, that's for sure, he might be in big caca soon...

RedSN
08-28-2019, 04:20 PM
*waits for facts in investigation report

....which we'll likely never see because the story will be out of the news cycle by then.

Ghost Rider
08-28-2019, 04:24 PM
apparently there is video of the whole thing...police are trying to get their hands on it they said... meh, dunno lol

5.4MarkVIII
08-28-2019, 07:24 PM
no I think he is meaning a ski/wake boat, that's why he was speculating Mastercraft...

which ideed would be the smaller vessel, they aren't meant to hold 17 passengers...so Laffs is suggesting that him and his wife were on this boat, not the larger one which I don't know...doesn't make much sense, specially since he said the other boat fled...somebody's story isn't adding up, that's for sure, he might be in big caca soon...

yeah that could be.

Stephen06GT
08-28-2019, 07:30 PM
I was watching Global news and they said in their report that a pontoon boat was involved.

RedSN
08-28-2019, 07:33 PM
^^^well that can’t be the boat without lights. Pontoon boats have patio lanterns. And have room for 13. That must be the boat Kevin was on.

5.4MarkVIII
08-28-2019, 08:23 PM
if the smaller boat drove up the side of a pontoon boat, that guy was moving. though it wouldn't surprise me seeing the way some of the wake boat guys drive in lakes I've been on. not a clue and not a care for anyone else around

LX89
08-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Wonder if Mr.Wonderful is shitting his pants wondering if he might be sued down the road.

5.4MarkVIII
08-29-2019, 04:05 PM
new article confirms his wife was driving the larger boat and that she passed a DUI test.

what bothers me is the media fixation of Oleary in the crash. and the comments on some articles calling for the Oleries to be put to lie detector tests ect ect.

normal accident they name victims and people if charged, someone famous and they just hound the name constantly without actually adding anything to the story. lazy journalism.

RedSN
08-29-2019, 04:31 PM
In fairness to the MSM: the media wasn't even covering this story until TMZ mentioned O'Leary. And then O'Leary released a sketchy press release.
What's the media to do? They tried getting additional comments/clarifications/facts from both O'Leary and the authorities. Neither were very forthcoming. That doesn't sound lazy to me.

5.4MarkVIII
08-29-2019, 05:15 PM
In fairness to the MSM: the media wasn't even covering this story until TMZ mentioned O'Leary. And then O'Leary released a sketchy press release.
What's the media to do? They tried getting additional comments/clarifications/facts from both O'Leary and the authorities. Neither were very forthcoming. That doesn't sound lazy to me.

true. it just seems to be a daily rehash. sure cover it. talk about who was involved but it just seems to keep popping up without any real change to the story.

Darkhorse
08-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Regardless of anything......two people are dead after that crash. one a mother of three kids. That's life altering.

5.4MarkVIII
11-26-2019, 07:38 PM
Seen an update on this.

Artical pressing on how mrs O’Leary blew a warning. She says someone handed her a vodka drink after the crash. Which I doubt.

Artical also presses on how the O’Leary boat was moving “too fast” (how fast is too fast? Boats are designed to be optimal performance and effichacy while on plane at almost max throttle, my boat says right in the manual to cruse between 4000-4500 rpm which on a calm water puts me a shade under 30mph. Depending on the prop I’m running)

At the end of the artical it them says driver of the other boat wasn’t the owner of the boat.

Oh and video and witness evidence prove that the navigation lights were off. In fact they were motor off, total blacked out so they could stargaze.

Sounds to me like ass covering on both sides but still don’t get why she is having the book thrown at her and the other. Guy is off with a fine

Foxstang
11-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Lol politics

RedSN
11-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Seen an update on this.

Artical pressing on how mrs O’Leary blew a warning. She says someone handed her a vodka drink after the crash. Which I doubt.
While they were waiting for the authorities to show up? That doesn’t seem wise.

Gut feeling I still believe Mr. O’Leary himself was at the helm.

|
|
V this guy.

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-PQ072_OLEARY_H_20160830180309.jpg

ZR
11-28-2019, 09:54 AM
Given what had just transpired, while not wise, entirely possible shaken to the point she drank it without thinking that far forward. If it's a fact other boat did not have any kind of light / mooring light on which would make it all but impossible to see, how does so much fall onto the boat that hit it? As a kid n well into my late teens, logged huge boating miles traveling up and down the Trent and yes a good portion of it at night, not for the faint of heart. Even moving at cautious speeds, boats sitting anchored with mooring lights seemingly come out of no where let alone with with nothing at all. Not so sure I'll ever understand why boats are not required to have some sort of forward lights when operated at night. Ones sitting fishing or just enjoying the night with zero lights, more common vs ones that use then.
No matter what happened, tragic lives were lost, others altered for life.
It does however sicken me how much possible political spin is keeping it in the headlines.

5.4MarkVIII
11-28-2019, 10:45 AM
While they were waiting for the authorities to show up? That doesn’t seem wise.

Gut feeling I still believe Mr. O’Leary himself was at the helm.

|
|
V this guy.

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-PQ072_OLEARY_H_20160830180309.jpg

It’s for sure a possibility. I thinks it’s possible the same story for the other boat. Driver wasn’t the owner but the visiting American.

Tragic event and seems poor decisions made on both sides.

Darkhorse
11-28-2019, 11:03 PM
I saw the article saying she was drinking. No idea what the real story is, but clearly something was up given how it was handled so far.

It would make me sick if Kevin was actually driving and his wife took the fall.

LX89
11-28-2019, 11:09 PM
From what I remember reading O'Leary's boat had one passenger.
That person would know who was driving,but there is no info on who it is as far as I know.