PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious...

Stephen06GT
02-12-2017, 08:35 PM
I've yet to see one of these movies in a theatre, and I've yet to see #7. Spike has been showing them all day long and after watching parts of 1, 2, and 3 again today, I can honestly say that #3 Tokyo Drift, is my favourite. I know many of you have seen some or all of these movies and I'm curious as to your favourite one from the Furious franchise. Please see the attached pole to register your choice. Maybe in another thread we'll have a discussion about your favourite all time car themed movie.

Biz
02-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Fast 5 was exactly what the franchise needed.
One is a close 2nd IMO but 5 seemed to have everything from a decent story to lots of cars.

cf105arrow
02-13-2017, 12:12 PM
I really love the franchise and have watched all of the movies a number of times but I wish they would kill the ridiculous scenes that they seem to think are necessary in most of the films. The scenes are getting progressively more and more ridiculous. For example, the scene in 7 where they jump a super car from building to building to building. Not needed and dumbs down the flick significantly. Another example is when Toretto jumps from his car to catch Letty across a 100' drop only to land on his back onto another car.
Looking forward to 8 but I've seen a teaser and I fear that it's going to continue with this trend.
I voted for 3. The cars and people can actually do the things that they do in this film.

Not4you
02-13-2017, 01:08 PM
I had to vote for one since it was the one that started it all. And of all of them, it is the one that I usually stop to watch when it is on. But I love the entire franchise and enjoy what it is. I don't go researching the physics of the stunts (although I did look up the length of a runway once) and I don't dismiss where the storylines have evolved to. Fat cars, hot girls, fist fights and explosions are worth the $$ for a ticket and popcorn!!

speedfreak
02-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Id like to see them bring this movie back to where it started with street racing!

Intmdtr
02-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Ya I gotta say 1 was the best, without it...there would be no franchise.....

Ponyryd
02-13-2017, 08:14 PM
I'd say 5, but one is a close second, it's a more raw, fun movie about guys and cars mostly, none of the politics or missions like ther newer ones, it seemed the most real to me. 5 is the most complete movie though, and appeals to the masses.

fast Ed
02-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Stephen, you forgot to put the option for "haven't seen any, I don't care to either" LOL

Harbinger
02-13-2017, 10:18 PM
I really love the franchise and have watched all of the movies a number of times but I wish they would kill the ridiculous scenes that they seem to think are necessary in most of the films. The scenes are getting progressively more and more ridiculous. For example, the scene in 7 where they jump a super car from building to building to building. Not needed and dumbs down the flick significantly. Another example is when Toretto jumps from his car to catch Letty across a 100' drop only to land on his back onto another car.
Looking forward to 8 but I've seen a teaser and I fear that it's going to continue with this trend.
I voted for 3. The cars and people can actually do the things that they do in this film.
Or how entertainingly the rock goes all halo master chief on everything. Turned into a battlefield game

js197
02-24-2017, 03:18 PM
last one I watched was just a Porsche commercial with FnF filler before/after.. cant remember if it was 4 or 5.. the rock in brazil one. couldnt be bothered to watch any of the movies since. they are all pretty terrible but at least fnf1 got the aftermarket tuning scene going like crazy and gave us epic lines like "Dont do it Jesse.." and "nobody likes the tuna!" and "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time". also danger to manifold / plasma cutter floorboard scene..